PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia to the point of insanity!!

tom1
22-04-09, 03:09
Well... Ok maybe not, but it feels that way.:huh:

I've been on Venlafaxine XR 75mg for 2 months now and even though I had a little hiccup with a certain generic brand, I am doing pretty well for my anxiety and depression.

However, I've noticed increasingly over time my insomnia is getting bad again like before when I was on Sertraline. I have to take Venlafaxine at night because it is sedating (which initially was a benefit into helping me sleep) but now I'm staying wide awake at night. I tried altering to a different time of day like the morning but it makes no difference. I'm wondering if its the medication or just 'me'. I've had my fair share of med induced insomnia before so I know how it happens.

I find it annoying because at night I feel energized but during the day I feel lethargic and worn out because of my lack of sleep. I don't usually sleep through the day either because I'm often out at uni or somewhere and the opportunity just isn't there. The only time I am sleeping is 4am onwards to around the time I have to be leaving for uni (which is often 8:30-10:30am).

It's just all very strange, but annoying.

Liverbird67
28-04-09, 20:45
Hey Tom,
Have a word with the Dr if you think it could be the meds, well done on keeping your uni going, I was like this on SEROXAT a couple of years ago, it used to annoy me bigtime