PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Start

Ireni
22-04-09, 03:36
Hello all,

I have changed my username from 'ScaredyCat' to this. I don't think I made more than ten posts to begin with, so I doubt anyone will notice.

About me (again): I'm 17 now, I love reading and writing and hope to study English at university someday. I missed my GCSEs due to anxiety, so I'm two years 'behind' and taking 3 exams this year and 5-7 next year. I don't think I've received a formal diagnosis, but I do see a psychologist once a fortnight and it's pretty much accepted that I have some form/s of anxiety disorder. My main problem is health anxiety; at the moment it's stopping me from living. I can't even walk down a street by myself. I also suffer from emetophobia, a fear of dogs, social anxiety, panic attacks and - because I can't leave home without panicking - probably agoraphobia as well. Oh, as if that wasn't enough, I also get extremely stressed over what should be very trivial problems. And I thought I'd recovered from depression but it came back with full force about two weeks ago and it won't lift. I think that's all. :blush: I am trying to get better, though - it's just not as easy as I'd like!

Sorry for the length of this introduction/update thing. And hi again.

Rous
22-04-09, 04:47
:welcome: Again Ireni!

I do hope things get better for you in the future,
and that that future is soon! :winks:

kittykat
22-04-09, 11:03
Hi there and :welcome: again to the site, lots of good advice and support here, and the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

Southern_Belle
22-04-09, 14:35
Hi Ireni,

Welcome again to NMP. I'm do hope you continue with your education someday because in the long run it will benefit you immensely. Is there any way you an take courses at home? You will also benefit from the counseling you are receiving. Of course you know you will get needed support from here.

Take care,

Laura

lucindajguy
22-04-09, 17:03
Hiii !!!

I hope everything gets better for you, i'm 17 too and manage to do my GCSE's but it was a real struggle and had to take alot of them on my own rather than in a hall with hundreds of people, so good luck with them all!!! :D
I also panic alot if i'm in big groups of people, so college was really difficult and i had to leave my art course :( but since leaving things have got soooooo much better so i think it was the best for me.

I hope everything goes well with you and good luck with your GCSE's :D xxx

duskess
22-04-09, 17:15
Hello Ireni , Welcome to NMP , I like your change of name best wishes , take care , Dusky x:welcome: