PDA

View Full Version : Shaking

tammyg
17-08-05, 19:14
I hope I'm not posting about something that has already been discussed, I did do a search to check but sorry if I've missed something! Anyway I was just wondering whether anyone has this problem and what they do to stop it. When I'm having a panic I shake, really uncontrollably. It's really the worst symptom of my PA's because I feel like I can control the other things (to some extent) but not the shaking, its completely involuntary and looks and feels awful. In the past I have tried stopping myself in some wierd and wonderful ways lol but none of them seem to work. It's like I'm just taken over and I can't stop. Usually I need to take myself right away from the situation or go to sleep; those are the only ways I know to make it stop. Neither work very well if I am at work obviously!! Any advice??
Thanks Tam x

Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is.

seh1980
17-08-05, 19:18
hi Tam,

I shake as well when I have a proper panic attack - both my legs and my arms. I have no idea how to stop this symptom without tackling panic as a whole..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
17-08-05, 19:34
Hi Tam

Several people have bene misdiagnosed thanks to these shakes.
I found walking really helped after the main bout was over with a good cry and then a sleep . Not helpful for work but running up and down stairs would help.

Essentially it is free floating adrenaline still being pumped out and needing to be used.

brain shakes (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4334)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

vernon
17-08-05, 22:25
Hi Tammy Dont worry if it has been posted lots of people miss some posts so always a chance of some new ideas. I used to wake shaking realy bad every morning at one stage of my anxiety it was horrible, also dizzy and hard to stand up too with it. I remember going to Docs (a doctor I am used to and never been frightened to see, yet my whole body was shaking on way as wife drove me there even my lips where shaking like mad. I realy dont know how to stop it i used to use alcohol that calmed it but ended up a alcoholic so i dont advise than. i have stopped drinking now though for about 2 years and the shakes did go in time like most of other symtoms we get, Try not to worry to much just say sod it and let your body do what it has to, I find this helps in time too. Its fighting it and fear of fear that keeps these things alive. Take care. Vernon

tammyg
18-08-05, 16:40
Thanks for your replies. I didn't think there would be a quick fix but thought I would check lol! It is good to read what other people think though, thanks for the reassurance.
Thanks for the advice Meg, didn't realise thats what it was - I'll give the stairs a try!
Tam x

KITTY_001
02-01-07, 22:44
im nearly always shaking i even shake when im in bed when im moving andn if really frightend i stop moving all together and all u can see is me white and shaking really bad like some one has grabbed me by the shoulders and shaking me