PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon all :)

Handsome Rob
22-04-09, 11:38
Hi,

I'm Rob ... having a quick skim, can't see many guys on here?

Anyway, I'm 22, live in Leicester ('home' home is Woking in Surrey), at Uni here doing Marketing. Final year, 3 weeks from being all done and dusted! Curently hammering out my dissertation.

Main reason I'm here is to find out more about OCPD... I've always been tidy, organised, love alphabetical order etc, but always assumed it was OCD. Reading up on it recently, I wandered over to an OCPD article and that made more sense to me, and highlighted other 'symptoms' which I recognised in myself which I formerly hadn't realised were associated.

My interests are... well, in my sig :) I'm easy going, always the 'big kid' in our group of friends, wicked sense of humour. If anyone really wants, I'll go raid Facebook for a cheesy grin :winks:

Cheers,
R

PS: How do I add my own avatar?

lotte_82
22-04-09, 12:34
Hi...Welcome:)

nomorepanic
22-04-09, 12:50
PS: How do I add my own avatar?

Hi Rob and :weclome:

We do have men on here honest :winks:

Mail the avatar to me at nomorepanic@btinternet.com

Handsome Rob
22-04-09, 12:59
Hey hey! Nicola - any size restrictions on the avatar?

I've started reading around a bit (dissertation avoidance lol...) and having highlighted (or highlit? Sorry, I'm anal about grammar!) some of the suspected symptoms, I'm starting to realise the impact it's having upon myself and others.

For example, I've always been regarded (by others, and self) as a bit arrogant or stubborn when it comes to discussing. Also, when making dinner with the girlfriend, I find it incredibly difficult to have her around helping out - either I do it all, or very occasionally, I'll let her do it all. I love alphabetising, category order, size order, labels facing the front, colour co-ordinating etc. However I do also take occasional, unpredictable risks or things which I consider 'fun'.

Are there any other things which I should look out for, random help, suggestions?!

I also used to run my own car forum, so know how these places work.

r

nomorepanic
22-04-09, 13:00
Rob - don't worry about size as I will reduce it as necessary.

Southern_Belle
22-04-09, 15:06
Hi Rob,

Welcome to NMP. I can relate to some of what you are saying. I have all my pantry goods alphabetized (and facing forward) as well as all my cd's. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will offer their support. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

kittykat
22-04-09, 17:48
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here and the chatroom is also very good , take care xx

duskess
22-04-09, 19:11
Hello Rob a big welcome to NMP , glad you found the site , best wishes , take care Dusky x:welcome: