PDA

View Full Version : hi, everyone

kazo
17-08-05, 21:29
Hi, I am so glad I have found this forum as until now I have felt I was the only one that suffers panic attacks. But now I know I am not alone. My name is Karen, I am 33, married with 3 children. My depression started after my second child who is now 12 but since then I have suffered panic attacks. For the last 2 months things have got worse, my panic attacks are more frequent and it has left me with a phobia of going out places even just to the corner shops. I have tried to face it but without much success as I work myself up so much before I leave the house It is bound to cause an attack. can anyone give me some advice on how to overcome this? Thanks kazo

Piglet
17-08-05, 21:34
Hi kazo

A big welcome to the site - I'm working on the same probs (going out etc) as you at the moment so know how you feel.

Try and join us in the chatroom if you can - I'm just off there now.

Take care

Love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

seh1980
17-08-05, 21:57
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

vernon
17-08-05, 22:32
welcome to the site kazo. very very comon the problem you have. I have had anxiety for many years and had the same fears and phobias as ou but they do pass. take care Vernon

jill
17-08-05, 22:39
Hi Karen

Welcome to the site

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Panic_er
17-08-05, 22:41
Hi Karen,

Welcome to the site.

Everybody here is so helpful
Ross

pinkscrumpy
17-08-05, 23:17
Hiya Kazo

A warm welcome to you.

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Sue K with 5
18-08-05, 01:28
Hi kazo

welcome to nmp, I have suffered with agoraphobia for 18 years now, and it has not been easy but I am now having CBT and I am finding that this is helping me. I wont say that the orad to recovery is an easy one, but the sooner you seek help the better it will be.

you can also try deep breathing exercises before and during an outing this I find helps when I really have to go out. dont worry things can improve for you and feel free to email me anytime if you need some support or a chat

Take care for now

Sue with 5

scknight

Sax
18-08-05, 09:20
Hi Kazo,

Welcome to this great site, I hope you find some advice and support here, its a mega site.
I do not suffer with agoraphobia so I can't say anything wise about that but just to welcome you and say hope to maybe catch you in the chat room sometime.

Take care

Sax xxx[8D]

Karen
18-08-05, 10:32
Hi Kazo

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of help and support here and, as you can see, you are not alone in what you are going through.

You might like to have a read of the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) as a starting point.

No Panic (http://www.nopanic.org.uk/menu.htm) run a telephone CBT based programme that you might also like to consider joining.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
18-08-05, 11:04
Welcome Kazo

You are probably trying too much too soon. Small definate steps is the way to go - so don't bother with trying to get to the shops at once - try round the block with no pressure, or even out of the house and onto the road first.

Gradually build that up

Maxine's cbt progress. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2308)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

kazo
18-08-05, 13:08
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. It is nice to be able to share my experiences and read helpful advice. I feel joining this forum is the best positive step I have taken as there is so many understanding people and alot of good advice. thanks again kazo

michelleann
18-08-05, 17:35
hi kazo
welcome to the site
michellexxx

sueiamnew
18-08-05, 18:37
Welcome to the site Kazo.