PDA

View Full Version : hi new here

peppa pig
22-04-09, 16:24
never imagined i would ever feel the way i do , my sister suffers with anxiety and i've always been under the impression that you should pull yourself together , but now here i am and its not so simple ,
about 3 months ago i found lump in my breast was so worried spent 2 months waiting for tests etc anyway 4 weeks ago i got the all clear , should have been the end to all my worries , but they only just started ,
a week after my results i got this overwhelming feeling of nervousness , it was so frightening , then came too pains in my chest left side , i have already been having problems with my left shoulder and arm pain and numbness so i went on auto pilot and diagnosed myself with heart problems . my dr has given me propanalol which i tried for few days and now citalopram which i haven't yet started taking as not sure i want to , I have had 2 x ecg and both times were normal although i wasn't having pains at the time , the last one on monday , so now tryning to convince myself that the pains are not heart related and its just in my mind , surely if my ecg was normal my heart is ok ?

bottleblond
22-04-09, 17:31
Hi Peppa

Welcome along to NMP.

I think if you have had two ECG's and both have came back with normal results the you can safely say your heart is fine.

You could possibly be suffering with Health Anxiety after the scare you had.

With Health anxiety, we can get pains and other symptoms that mimic illness even though there is nothing truely wrong with us.

Have a good read through the forum and i am sure you will find lots of helpfull advice.

Nice to meet you
Lisa
x

kittykat
22-04-09, 17:57
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, you'll get lots of good advice and support on here that will really help, take care xx

diane07
22-04-09, 18:59
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

duskess
22-04-09, 19:00
Hello Peppa , welcome to NMP , You will get lots of advice and support here , lots of members know how you are feeling , glad you found the site take care , best wishes Dusky x:welcome:

Southern_Belle
22-04-09, 23:01
Hi Peppa,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

princess34
24-04-09, 03:08
Hi all,
Jenny here - just wanted to say hello :)
Jenny :)