PDA

View Full Version : It's all become too much again...

Worry_Head
22-04-09, 16:49
Hello,

I haven't been here in a while but I've "relapsed" again with my health anxiety and anxiety in general and felt coming back here would be somewhat cathartic.

I am currently in between jobs (I quit my job in December after 4 years as I hated it and felt it was making me ill) and therefore am worrying excessively about getting a job and managing financially. This is manifesting itself again in me worrying excessively about my and my boyfriend's health - convinced that we've both got some form of illness or something, as we're both always extremely tired and both find it really hard to get out of bed in the morning.

I'm worrying so much that some days it's preventing me from applying for jobs as I feel so anxious about my perceived lack of ability. I've had a few interviews for senior manager positions so far, but although I'm rising to the occasion at the interviews I feel so lacking in confidence inside and feel like a fraud. My mind doesn't feel clear - it's all muddled. I feel like a shadow of my former self. It doesn't help that I'm also doing a course and there is a lot of coursework to do, which I'm putting off like nobody's business.

I would welcome any encouragement from anyone or suggested coping mechanisms for rising about the anxiety and motivating oneself. It's silly really, as I responded to another thread where a person felt anxious and lacking in motivation, suggesting that the person ensured they were doing some exercise every day if they could. Why aren't I taking my own advice? God I hate myself and feel so weak (mentally).

Sorry for the doom and gloom.

Suzanne

eurotrashcub
22-04-09, 16:57
Hey

Youa re not weak, you are just in a vicious circle of worry, anxiety and obsessional thinking. We have all been there.

I suggest, first of all, you start exercising. And you know full well that it is an essential part of recovery.

Secondly, take a step back and stay away from google if you are reading about silly stuff.

Thirdly, rationalise. Tiredness is common when you are stressed/anxious/worried/working/doing too much.

I am ALWAYS TIRED, I think it is normal to be if you are busy or if you are anxious.

Fourthly, keep yourself busy, apply for jobs, just because you feel you cannot cope now, it doesnt mean you won't when the interview comes up.

And last but most importantly CHIN UP AND CHILL THE HELL OUT because as always, this, too, shall pass.

Hugs

Worry_Head
27-04-09, 19:00
Thanks Eurotrashcub for your comments!