PDA

View Full Version : My welcome

bobobob
22-04-09, 17:57
Hello, This is my first visit to this site. I am male, getting on 59years. I have been suffering from clinical depression for many years, but was only diagnoised last year when I had a bad episode and my linbic systen failed. I have been having treatment in hospital including therapy but funding ran out and now I only see the doctor every so often. I'm looking for a support group. I feel abandoned. Always tired again. Can't get enthusiastic about anything, which is a worry. My work are trying to make me redundant. It's that downward spiral that I thought I had got over, or at least how to cope with. I am taking venalfaxine anti depressant and sometimes I feel they are not doing anything. I hope this gives a picture of me I feel all alone.

duskess
22-04-09, 18:35
Hello and Welcome , to NMP , You will get lots of advice and support and understanding here , i can relate to how you feel , keep telling your doctor how you feel your entitled to help and your primary care trust should be helping you more , glad you found the site you will have support here , dont feel alone , pop into the chat room too , take care , best wishes , dusky x:welcome:

Southern_Belle
22-04-09, 23:00
Hi Bob,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. Glad you found us, you are not alone!

Take care,

Laura

Veronica H
23-04-09, 09:13
:welcome: Bob. Glad you have found us. You will find comfort and support here. Is there a 'Mind' support group in your area? I would contact them if there is as they will offer you additional support.

Veronica

kittykat
23-04-09, 21:27
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here, and a very good chatroom as well, take care x

NoPoet
25-04-09, 20:47
Hi mate, sorry to hear things aren't brilliant at the moment. I was made redundant last year - the company owners thought their collection of Ferraris and Aston Martins along with their Porsche, Jag and Bentley Continental were more important to hold on to than 300 staff. It's a bugger but things carry on mate, redundancy isn't the end, you will sort something out if the worst happens!

Hope you find what you are looking for by joining No More Panic :)

bobobob
26-04-09, 12:17
I am overwhelmed by the responce of you wonderfull people. It makes me feel like I want to cry. Justt what I needed to raise my spirits. I think I have found something special here. I will join the chat room when I have been around for five days. Thank you. Bobo

alihud
26-04-09, 12:23
Awwwww Bob welcome to nmp,i know that horrid feeling of being alone,this place has been a lifeline for me hope it is for you too!
Ali

amandaj
26-04-09, 13:10
youll def gets lot of help and make friends in chat see you there soon
amanda