PDA

View Full Version : right place?

zippy
22-04-09, 18:12
Hi,i am 39 and suffer with m.e/cfs for the last 9yrs.I recently have developed new symptoms i.e back pain/neck pain,nausea,loose bowels,night sweats,extreme fatigue,dizziness etc.I went to the docs and had bloods took and they were ok but i am not convinced it would show up and i am getting neurotic i have a serious illness and its getting overlooked.I have also been to a&e and they checked blood pressure,chest etc and said i was fine and they took bloods again and they were ok.I feel like i am getting worse but doc has gave me fluoxetine because he thinks i am depressed and anxious and sending me for councilling.Does this sound like anxiety because i feel to ill to not have something serious.I also keep looking up symptoms on the net and always convince myself i have cancer but doc says something would show in the bloods.Why wont my brain let me think this way and try and not worry? Does this sound like health anxiety? xx

eurotrashcub
22-04-09, 18:36
Hello and welcome to the forum

I think you are in the right place!!!

I recommend you have a look at the symptoms page and at the first steps page.

I have read that anxiety tends to be very common in people with ME. In fact some doctors argue that both conditions are partly caused by a lack of serotonin (a neuro transmitter in the brain)

I am sure this site will help you to deal with the neurotic/affective part of your illness and will help you as you recover.

The whole cancer thing sound like a health anxiety to me... as your doctor has already told you that you are healthy in that respect. Do a search, this place is packed with people scared of cancer, including myself!

Welcome and chin up!

gazania
22-04-09, 22:54
Hi,i am 39 and suffer with m.e/cfs for the last 9yrs.I recently have developed new symptoms i.e back pain/neck pain,nausea,loose bowels,night sweats,extreme fatigue,dizziness etc.I went to the docs and had bloods took and they were ok but i am not convinced it would show up and i am getting neurotic i have a serious illness and its getting overlooked.I have also been to a&e and they checked blood pressure,chest etc and said i was fine and they took bloods again and they were ok.I feel like i am getting worse but doc has gave me fluoxetine because he thinks i am depressed and anxious and sending me for councilling.Does this sound like anxiety because i feel to ill to not have something serious.I also keep looking up symptoms on the net and always convince myself i have cancer but doc says something would show in the bloods.Why wont my brain let me think this way and try and not worry? Does this sound like health anxiety? xx

I have had ME/CFS for 15 years now and I also have fibromyalgia - and the new symptoms you describe are what I get. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) is common with ME and fibro, and the neck/back pains go along with fibro too. I have had severe fatigue and dizziness the whole time, so it doesn't sound like you have a new condition to me really, and anxiety makes it all feel worse I can assure you of that! Try not to worry if your doctor has reassured you. I was prescribed Prozac but only took one and decided I didn't want to go on those.

I hope you will feel better about things soon and there are lots of people here to help and lots of info too.

bex1970
23-04-09, 09:51
All those symptoms sound like ME/CFS - compounded by anxiety.... think your doctor is right... and blood tests would indicate if something was seriously wrong. Try not to panic and maybe you should consider anti-depressants as they would take the edge off it all....
xx