PDA

View Full Version : THROAT/BREATHING PROBS

GAD
17-08-05, 22:49

Meg
17-08-05, 23:03
try this:

Strange feeling in one lung (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4632)

An xray shouldn't be weeks wait.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Heebyjeebies
22-08-05, 14:14
I used to do this thing that sounds the same as you're describing. I had a lot of 'nervous habits' when I was a child and this was one I remember well. I noticed that if I moved my upper body quickly from side to side I could hear a sort of rasping and could feel a wheezy breath with every move, even though I wasnt breathing in, if you know what I mean. I used to do it all the time and remember being scared about it. I can still do it now although I've not thought about it for 25 years! Have you asked your family and friends if they get this feeling when they move the same?
Heeby.

GAD
22-08-05, 20:01
thanks meg!

heebyjeebies - im soo glad you have replied because just knowing that somebody else in the world has experienced this has instantly made me feel tons better! yes what your describing is exactly what i can feel but although i have asked my family to do it i cant hear the same rasping sound (ive even had two doctors doing it!! hahah)
i suppose it must be quite normal but just cant be heard in everyone, the problem is that since ive noticed it im scared to exersize which is awful because this is the only thing i have that would generally relieve some of my syptoms. im going to go for it and start doing something gentle tommorow.

thanks again
michellexx

Heebyjeebies
23-08-05, 01:10
Go for it! Honestly, there's nothing to worry about. I first noticed that this happened at 10 years old and I'm now 39 and still here. It's just one of those wierd 'body' things that people don't notice unless they're prone to 'dwelling' on stuff like that, like we are. I excercise regularly and run half marathons, etc...Go for it.Put it out of your mind and your whole view in life will change.
Heebie x