PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought

Hollytree
22-04-09, 21:18
Hi there has anyone else experienced this, over the last few days, i've not felt that hungry. I have eaten and not felt starved, just don't seem to fancy anything particular, or i eat something i really want. I am in good health, had blood tests taken earlier in the month for a different problem, all came back normal. My brain is doing over time wondering why i feel like this!! is it me, the weather, anxiety, or just something we all feel like at some point.:unsure:

enigmatique
22-04-09, 21:30
I lose my appetite when I'm going through a bad patch of anxiety. I still need to eat, otherwise I get dizzy and feel really bad, but I just don't feel hungry or fancy any food in particular. When I'm really bad I even actively avoid eating, because for some reason I get it into my head that I'll feel worse if I eat. Fortunately that doesn't seem to last more than a couple of days.

Hollytree
22-04-09, 21:33
Also like to add, that my anxiety is low/medium at the moment, if anything i feel slightly nervous and not as if i am settled. Why i don't know! I am not having any particular health anxiety issues, just feel weird!!! can't explain it anymore than that really. :(

Hollytree
24-04-09, 21:01
Hi there, just to give an update on my weird food thing!!

I went to the doctors, he seems to think that everything is OK, nothing to worry about, and that its normal that from time to time we all change our food pattern, whether we are eating more or less, depending on our mood, the time of year or simply down to the weather! our body seems to know what it wants.

He didn't seem that concerned, he felt my tummy that was fine, and then looked at all the blood tests i ve had and said that its positive as they were all normal. He also said the more i focus on whether i am hungry or not the more i notice whether i am (if that makes sense) i am Ok-ish with he verdict, just still a little worried that's all! crazy i know!! Should i be happier, i should be........but I'm not :( :rolleyes: