PDA

View Full Version : hi

mark48
22-04-09, 22:26
hi am mark from england really suffering at present

Angelai
22-04-09, 22:28
Hi Mark, welcome to the site. Sorry you're feeling bad, have a browse - you're sure to find some reassurance.

Angel

diane07
22-04-09, 22:29
Hi mark,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

mark48
22-04-09, 22:30
going to florida tomorrow with wife and son and im in a terrible state

diane07
22-04-09, 22:32
why hun? do you not like flying?

mark48
22-04-09, 22:35
yeh and being away from home im like this everytime we go away but it seems worst this time

diane07
22-04-09, 22:49
Listen hun,

The thought of doing things is always worse than doing the deed itself, try and understand that its a holiday you are going on, its a good thing, and not something bad, i hate being away from home but i force myself, i have to, nothing bad will come from it.
Music is my biggest distraction or watching a film or something.

Take a notepad and write a diary of how you are feeling you could share it with us all when you get back, and always remember nothing bad will happen its just a holiday.

di xx

mark48
22-04-09, 22:53
ive been shaking and crying for most of the day which isnt nice for my 10 year old son to see,im taking my laptop with me so if you want ill keep you informed

diane07
22-04-09, 22:57
Mark,

That will be fab, we will help you through it, how long are you going for?

di xx

mark48
22-04-09, 23:01
were going for 2 weeks we went to exactly the same place last year and i was bad for the first 2 days but somehow felt ok after then and really enjoyed it,why am i like this again

diane07
22-04-09, 23:14
Because you were bad for the first two days hun,

you just remember it, and waiting for it again, do remember, after being a member for five days you can enter the chat room, we will help you out, you will be absolutely fine, nothing bad will come from a panic, it just stops, there is nowhere else for it to go.

I admire you to be honest, that you feel the way you do and you still booked the holiday, a big pat on the back is what you need, just remember you have done this before, the same holiday, and all was okay, all will be absolutely okay again.

di xx

mark48
22-04-09, 23:23
aww thanks for your kind words di are you on here most nights and do the other members have great advice like that its what i really need to here right now

Southern_Belle
22-04-09, 23:42
Hi Mark,

Welcome to NMP. I grew up and spent most of my life in Florida and you are going to have a fantastic time!!! Please try and focus on the present and not the future. It is when we focus on the "what ifs" that get us into trouble and I know because I also have trouble with flying. I'm also glad that you are taking your laptop so you can keep us informed on how much fun you are having. I would not worry about your son seeing you upset because it is good that he knows you are human. You will be fine and I know the weather there right now is spectacular as I have family there right now! Have a wonderful holiday!

Take care,

Laura

diane07
22-04-09, 23:42
I'm on here too many nights lol,

Seriously, there are so many lovely people on this site that will help you out massively, we all suffer in different ways, and all learn from it, we take strength from each other, i suppose.

Do keep us updated on how you are doing

Many here, will take inspiration from you going on this holiday

best wishes

di xx

mark48
22-04-09, 23:51
thanks laura and di im dreading going to bed now cos im up at 6 oclock and i cant see me getting much sleep [its now midnight in the uk)really dreading tomorrow hopefully ill speak to you from florida tomorrow xxxx mark

Southern_Belle
23-04-09, 00:01
I know you will and you can say hi to us from the sunshine state!

Take care,

Laura

mark48
23-04-09, 00:03
nite nite xx

madelaine
23-04-09, 00:08
ul feel bet once u get to florida ul b 2 busy wi the wife n kids 2 think of anxiety jist think all that sunshine n happy days wi ur loved ones keep smilin ;-]

mark48
23-04-09, 22:27
Hi All Well I Did It Never Slept A Wink Last Night Sweating And Retching And Shaking But Im Here In Sunny Florida,couldnt Have Done It Without You,but It Can Be Done

duskess
23-04-09, 23:04
Hello Mark well done :yesyes: have a lovely time best wishes, take care Dusky x:D

diane07
23-04-09, 23:23
woo hoo mark,

way to go, i'm really proud, i've been thinking of you all day.

i am hoping you feel so proud of you too

keep us updated day to day on how much fun you're having, i am so pleased you did it.

well done hun

di xx

kittykat
24-04-09, 08:38
Hi there Mark , welcome to the site and a big well done to you and make sure you have a fantastic time, xx:biggrin::biggrin:

mark48
24-04-09, 14:48
Thanks Again For All Your Support I Will Let You Know How Im Doing During The Weeks Ahead :d

Veronica H
24-04-09, 17:13
:yesyes: well done Mark. You worked through the fear and made it. Enjoy yourself.

Veronica

mark48
26-04-09, 01:46
hi folks another day in florida felt a bit crappy this morning but im putting it down to tiredness and jetlag{i hope},gonna go to a park tomorrow all things being well .