PDA

View Full Version : Im new and want to know what going on with me

chief
23-04-09, 08:55
So about 2 months ago i had a Tachycardia episode where my heart rate sky rocketed about 130 bpm....

ever scene then ive had panic attacks about my health think im have heart attacks but im not....

but recently as of 2 days ago ive been haveing sharp pains in the left side of my chest it even woke me up....

its worse when i try to sleep i think because im afraid i wount wake up but im really scared...

ive been googleing and ive figured out that it is a bad thing to do to late because i just found this site...

if anyone has any insite i would really apperciate it...

chief
23-04-09, 09:07
im scared its congestive heart failure but its been going on for about 2 days so i dont think it is i just want to know im ok i guess

House fan
23-04-09, 09:12
Hi Chief

It's difficult to say, especially not knowing anything about your history, lifestyle etc. Have you seen your GP yet?

House.

chief
23-04-09, 09:23
ya they keep on saying theres nothing wrong with me...

that its anxiety and i have normal EKGs and why do i have the feeling of doom...

im not diabetic, i dont have high cholesterol, im a little overweight, and im 19..

ive had an upper GI and it was normal...

im on buspirone and it helps a little...

im doctor wount give me benzos because they are addictive but at least they work...

House fan
23-04-09, 09:29
Problematic heart disease at 19 is very rare indeed. You have suffered from an innocent but unpleasant bout of palpitations. 130 isn't that fast, although clearly the sensation has left you traumatized, and now you are anxiously awaiting for your heart to start 'racing' again.

Trust your GP, you are a young man with your whole life in front of you. Palpitations are very scary I know, but they are not the sign of heart disease in someone of your age.

House.

countrygirl
23-04-09, 09:39
130 really isn't that fast if you are anxious - whenever I have to see a Dr or have any hospital test my heart races up to 120bpm whereas when i am calm it is normally 60-80bpm. MY GP said that I only need to worry if my heartrate goes past 140bpm for days on end.