PDA

View Full Version : What can I do

ElliotUK
23-04-09, 10:31
Im seeing all this Anxiety what people have had for years, since they were young, just like me! Im only 18 and suffer from health anxiety and sometimes panic attacks, I just don't want this to spoil my years of my young life, they are too short to even worry about anxiety.

Everybody, and expecially young people like to drink alot, smoke... but I feel as if I cant have a fag and a good drink, incase I do panic or have real bad symptoms where I have to dial emergency.

Is there any risk with Anxiety and Alcohol? Life thretening?

After all this is not an illness (Anxiety), right?

Can somebody help me on this please so I can get my social life back on track where I used to go out at the weekend having a few drinks, getting drunk and you know the odd fag, it feels as if its going to kill me.. :unsure:

mummyto4
23-04-09, 10:37
everything in moderation mate! a little bit of what you fancy won't really do you any harm. Enjoy your youth, have fun, try and stop worrying. Easier said than done I know but don't let this stupid illness spoil the best days of your life :)

bex1970
23-04-09, 10:38
Don't think it would be life threatening.... although the hangover might increase your anxiety for a day or two!! As to smoking - well, I smoked for a long time and my only (rather boring) advice is not to start that...

Have a drink, go out and have a good time - you're 18 - not 108.... stay away from the fags but have a couple of drinks and a bit of a party. You're right not to let the anxiety take over - you don't want it hanging over you for years....

I had panic attacks at 18 too.... and I wish that I had addressed them at the time... (am 38 now - don't have them anymore and haven't for years but have bad HA). If they are bad - see your GP and ask them if they can help. But you won't drop dead from a few drinks and anxiety.... you'll only worry that you will!
xx

ElliotUK
23-04-09, 10:48
Thanks you too :)

I think ill give it a go, after all we only live once, im 50 years time ill be thinking, Im here and I have been worrying all these years, life wasted for nothing .. I have to do this now before it gets to a point where its real bad and my lifes ticking away..

So even if I had quite a few drinks .. id be OK, rught?

ElliotUK
23-04-09, 10:52
Correction ''in 50 years time''

mummyto4
23-04-09, 10:55
Well I wouldn't advise drinking a bottle of whiskey 7 nights a week, and even as a one off you are going to feel well rough the next day but hangovers are not life threatening. Have some fun mate. enjoy! Oh to be 18 again :)

ElliotUK
23-04-09, 10:57
Thankyou :D and ..No no im on about that .. like 5-6 pints .. Ill have a hangover I know but thats fine , just the fear or something happening like dying is the problem, but if you say so ill trust .. :)

mummyto4
23-04-09, 11:08
bless ya, you will be absolutely fine mate. Have a fantastic time :)