PDA

View Full Version : oh i do love my nurse!!!!

helen26
23-04-09, 11:09
well peeps, i have been concerned about bowel cancer.....dont no for how long really....perhaps when i got my 1st pile at about 18. being that age though, i sort of knew what it was and pushed it to the back of my mind....the the IBS started, perhaps about 20ish.....stomach spasms and needing to go when got the "spasm"......cheese, fatty foods and currys always started it off.....so had HA since early october....ive had everyting, cervical cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, brain tumour, leukemia, HIV, and the one that was always in the back of my mind, bowel cancer...! so my "ibs" has been playing up for a week, not really bad but enough to notice it, i am going in the morning, its fine (i have started to put bog roll down the toilet before i poo, just so i can have a good check, lol, and had a couple of sloppy ones where the water went murky, immediatly thought it was blood!) then i may go on a night time before bed, depends what i have to eat. so i have been panicking all week cus i am feeling that i still need to go, like there is a poo waiting to come out (anyone else get this?) have also been burping and fating like a trooper! so rang the dreaded receptionist at the clinic (havent been for 3 months, abit disapointed with myself) so my appointent was at 10, i rang at 9.30! so in i went and broke down....said "i think i have bowel cancer" she said "why do u think that?" i told her why and i had piles and ibs. she said at my age (26) it was EXTREMELY unlikely, but she sat me down, i talked to her, i said i had googled the symptoms:doh: and breathlessness was a symptom (which i have had for 2 days) she said that is a late symptom of bowel cancer patients that are extremely anemic...she told me off for googling, said most of it was crap (no pun intended) so she gave me a full examination, checked my eyes, said i was the most un anemic person she had seen! lol. then checked my tummy for lumps, nothing. said bowel cancer effects ppl over 60, which i didnt know! she said i am a well worryer, and i am fine, gave me a prescription for some tablets for my ibs, just when its really playing up. she also said piles can give u the feeling of not empying your bowels properly and so can ibs! so anyway thankyou for reading, and as the title says "i love my nurse" xx oh and my breathing has gone back to normal, funny that!!:doh:

Stressed32
24-04-09, 00:52
I have no experience with IBS, but I am a googleholic and fear HIV. I have had a guy at the Aids center tell me google was crap too in regard to the symptoms there. My Dr.also told me if she had $ for each person that googled and were wrong about their condition, she'd make more $ from that than from being a Dr.