PDA

View Full Version : Not coping at all

anx mum
23-04-09, 11:31
Im bk again so tired of this:weep: i am constantly aware of my breathing feels like im not getting enough air it so scary. Its takin over my life dont know how i deal with this. Im so confused why do i keep getting this?

Danny_dingle
23-04-09, 11:46
Hey anx mum,

I got this too about a year ago for the first time, it scared the living daylights out of me, I thought I was suffocating then convinced myself it was asthma...

Turns out it is a VERY VERY common anxiety symptom! And it will not do you any harm!

Really don't worry sweetheart, it is just your anxiety developing new and wonderful ways to rear it's ugly head.

Take care,

Danny xxx

mysonmarcus
23-04-09, 12:22
Hi Anx

Sorry to hear you are not so good, ( I PM'ed you a couple of times).

You will perpetuate the symptoms by trying to push them away and it will increase the anxiety as you ca see it doing.

I know you are working, stop all your obligations and duties and realise this is a new 'you' for the time being who is having problems functioning as you would like.

The world needs to sort itself around you rather than the other way, you will see a lowering of tension due to this change and then you can concentrate on quietening your thoughts and reduce anxiety further.

I wish you the very best.

Mark

jue67
23-04-09, 13:26
Hi
I get this as well, i wonder sometimes how i continue to go on with what feels like no air in my body, i tend to try and gulp air in by yawning or gasping at a breath, it is anxiety with me anyways as when i have good days this is not something i think about at all, in fact when i am really bad i cant put my ipod on as i then cant hear myself breathing!!! i now make myself put it on and trust that as with anybody else my body is getting the amount of air i need.Im with you on the can no longer cope thinking.

have you got any books re anxiety you can read, claire weekes is excellent and i listen to a relaxation cd i bought from the charity no panic in which you go through all the muscle groups tensing and relaxing and found this great.

just my opinon but dont give up on things, i have the most stressful job around(social worker) and i absolutely refuse to give up on this, otherwise, its won you see. take steps to address your anxiety in a constructive way and march onwards,

pm if you feel you need some support, im going through a really badly anxious time at the moment and am back working at it.
much support to you

jools

amandaj
23-04-09, 14:49
hi bev you dissapeared off msn earlier ,if wanna chat later let me know sorry your feeling so crap again

amandaxx