PDA

View Full Version : Really Struggling, can anyone advice?

Mumto2
23-04-09, 12:50
I was on 30mg of Mirtazipine and I felt as though I was "better" had felt great for a while so I cut down to 15mg, I still felt ok but I only did this for a couple of weeks where I then started taking 15mg every other day, I felt really really awful, my heart kept feeling as though it was just rattling about rather than beating and I just felt really panicky, I went back onto 15mg everyday thinking it could be that causing it, I also started taking Agnus Castus, Evening Primrose Oil and Magnesium OK as I suffer with really bad anxiety from ovulation to my period arriving, I am also having acupuncture for my PMT/Ovulation problems.

But having had all those things I am still really struggling, my heart feels like it is rattling through my body/ I cant control my breathing etc (I have tried CBT in the past and it didnt help) and I just feel generally rubbish again.

The only thing is I dont have any triggers or anything, I cant find a reason for any of this happening as I am feeling pretty happy in my self (Just not with this), I dont have any reasons to feel anxious/panicky/depressed etc so going to see someone professional isnt going to help as I dont feel I have anything I need to talk about etc.

Do you think maybe I should go back onto 30mg? I really wanted to come off the antids all together as I didnt feel they were helping and I thought I was better, I just dont know where to go from here, this has been going on for almost 5 years on and off (Since I had my daughter) and I just dont know what else to do, my drs are not at all supportive either so I dont really like going to them.

Thanks to anyone who can offer any advise as I really need some right now.

C
xx

STEPHYUNO
23-04-09, 12:57
Hi there, I,m afraid I don't have any real experience with the drugs that you mention and ofcourse such things as periods, all I can do is rermind you that there will be people on here and other medically trained people who can support you with this and hope that you can start feeling better soon, my best wishes are with you, Steph x

Utility
24-04-09, 20:34
Hi

Please bear in mind that you don't have to be an anxious or panicky person to suffer from the symptoms of anxiety. It may just be the way your system is wired, or things within being out of balance.

I don't get panicky or suffer for anxious moments but do get physical feelings that relate to it and my doctor has put down to the way that my system operates. They may never appear in any form ever again or they could repeat for ever and a day. It is a case of minimising the effects.

I had CBT and it began to work for me when I started to accept that I wasn't kicking the bucket and just called it what was - health anxiety. That way I then knew how to approach things and reduce the negative influences it was having.

The fact that this has been going on for over for 5 years for you must let you realise that there is certainly nothing wrong with your heart and perhaps it is more a case of mind over matter. Exercise is very good for getting the system back into balance, along with a bit of yoga to control the breathing

melody
25-04-09, 01:25
Hi,

If it only started when you cut back the medicine, you probably should just put the dose back up. Why suffer if you don't have to? Does it really matter what anyone else thinks about your decision? The important thing everyone in life wants is to be happy & if it takes medication to correct your brain messages then isn't it great that the medication has been developed & is available for our use to make our lives easier?

I didn't think I had any issues when I started therapy, but when I had to do it because I couldn't cope any more, I found there was heaps of stuff inside of me I'd never let myself cry about, feel angry about or understand properly. I'd blocked it all inside because I didn't know how to cope.

All the best :)

Melody

Mumto2
26-04-09, 22:05
Thank you, I have gone back onto 30mg, I went to see the Dr on friday and she said that although I came down, I went down to low and needed to go back up to 30mg even if just for a month as my body needs more than it was getting. Have been on 30mg for 2 days now and already I am feeling better in that my heart isnt rattling.