PDA

View Full Version : How do you accept it?

lrforge
23-04-09, 13:17
I know I have anxiety and panic, BUT here's the problem. I can't accept that this is what is causing my aches and pains and tingles, etc. I always feel that something else is there. Why? I started sertraline 3 weeks ago, a week and a 1/2 at 25 mg. Phyciatrist said that is like taking M and m's so I upped it to 50 mg and have been at that for a week and a 1/2. I am sick of this. Sick of waking scared and feeling something. I feel like I will not be normal again. Waiting for the worst all the time. I just don't know what to do anymore.

goingmadder
23-04-09, 13:34
Hey

I don't know about the meds but as a general thing, first of all take a breath... When anxiety takes hold we forget to breathe and a good deep breath can be very relieving

When I am having an anxiety period, hours days whatever it always feels like its never gonna end that i'll be like that forever but thats not true. In time it passes.

Your inability to accept that your symptoms are related to the anxiety is also a symptom of the anxiety... You are not alone, most people on here will be able to relate and I think that even just knowing you're not the only one, makes it that much easier to cope...

keep coming on here and letting out your fears... also read other peoples posts and you will see how you are part of a big family here and we can all relate to eachother.

Aslo I hear that meds can take a while to really start to work, but its all il say on the matter as I don;t have any experience in them and don't like talking out of my A*S : )

We're all in this together hun

big hugs

X

sparkler
26-04-09, 19:10
:bighug1: hi there i know where u are coming from mate...u will getr there in the end!! xxx

Bill
27-04-09, 02:33
The answer is in what you've said........

Waiting for the worst all the time.

You've programmed your thinking to "expect" the worst all the time. When you go to bed, your mind is aready "expecting" to wake up feeling something.

We "accept" by learning to train the mind to not be afraid of anxious symptoms by "accepting" them as a natural bodily reaction to stress.

Once you learn to accept them as being "natural", you'll stop worrying about them and they then won't be your focus of attention because your mind will no longer be waiting for them to happen. You wouldn't need medication then either.:hugs: