PDA

View Full Version : Heart stopping !!!!

Panickypants
23-04-09, 18:10
Does anyone else think that their heart is sometimes going to stop ???

I was just dropping off to sleep lastnight and i felt as if my heart was beating so slow it was about to stop so i dived up and out of bed then causing a panic attack, My husband said i was snoring my head off so had prob just woke myself up snoring and startled myself, but it's been on my mind all day and i have tight shoulders feel sick and keep thinking it's happening again, iwent shopping with my mum today and had a panic attack brown bag and all i just felt like i wasn't here once i focused it went but the anxiety has been here all day...Is this just my anxiety ????

I do have a heart complaint nothing major never needed any drugs for it or anything else, have a full MOT in october, ecg scan etc and the Dr has listened to it twice in the last few weeks cos i have convinced myself its that but she has assured me both times there is nothing wrong, i think this is the root of all my anxiety but like i said it's never caused me problems so why is it making me panic ???

Panickypants
24-04-09, 14:30
Oh No please don't say i'm the only 1 with these symptoms ???

Vanilla Sky
24-04-09, 16:37
Your not ! I used to get this every night for a while, it was as you described , just going of to sleep, i used to leap out of bed ! As i got my anxiety under control these night jitters seemed to stop. But last night i had it again, It felt like my heart stopped and i had to give a big deep breath in to get it going again, do you know what i mean? Think it's because i am trying to stop smoking and i am feeling anxious at the moment . You cant help thinking , maybe it's not anxiety, maybe it's an illness But I have been here before so many times so i know what it is . You are maybe deep down worried about your heart, was that the first time thats happened to you? Your right, you probably did startle yourself and went into fight or flight, this does happen in our sleep . Now you are thinking about it and worried that something is going to happen hence the PA whilst out with your mum. The impending doom feeling , a classical anxiety symptom. Put it down to a one of and tell your self that its only anxiety, Prepare yourself mentally that it could happen again then IF it does it wont be so bad , you will deal with it better. This is what i need to be doing now , getting it into my head that it is the anxiety rearing it's ugly mug again! Good Luck Love Paige x