PDA

View Full Version : Derealisation feeling again

catherine_r
23-04-09, 19:01
I've been feeling okay during the last month with maybe 2 panic attacks taking me 10 minutes to recover from which is good progress from 30-45 mins. The site helps me by reading all your threads and I have a counsellor who is very good.
Although I've been out running last weekend which has caused me to have symptoms of just straight into de-realisation again. Last time this happened a few months ago I had a panic attack and then after was in a state of derealisation. I'm still feeling the same now only accepting what it is - I feel as if I have no strength. So back to square one again. I'm going to stick to body balance and yogalates as there's less impact. Does anyone else feel the same?
2 years ago I was running 6/7 miles without a care in the world and taking part in running events. It's very frustrating, although I'm trying to remain positive.
Does anyone have any advice on this
Cath
x:winks:

Lawton86
23-04-09, 19:38
Hey!

Dont get me started on Derealization.....!!!! Such a horrible sympton. I started suffering with panic attacks and anxiety 4 weeks ago and ever since my first one i have been in constant de-realization, which has also led me to be somewhat agrophobic but i still make the effort to go out everyday and push myself to the limit before turn around and come home. ( crazy to say im 22 and 4 weeks ago i was the most out-going person!)

Best advice i can give you is to accept it. when ur anxiety calms it will go. thats what ive been told alot by GPs and people on here. and on my calmer days i really notice it more in the background then upfront.

Accept it and know it cant harm you!

Wee-Mee
23-04-09, 19:53
Oh..it's a horrible feeling..if you can call it that!! For me it's just nothingness,it's warped,wobbly nothingness but you feel it.

I'm sorry you suffer this too.

But I agree with Lawton,accept it wont harm you and it should ease up. And getting exercise,obviously in ANY form is wonderful for body and mind so well done in actually doing it! I really should try going to gym again..my friend goes and told me they changed all the eqipment so I'm scared I;ll look a tit lol

xxxxxxx