PDA

View Full Version : Bad Night

Vanilla Sky
24-04-09, 11:41
I feel as if i have had my anxiety under control for a while now. I decided to quit smoking 2 days ago, cold turkey, i might add. I was working all day on the first day so didn't really bother me that much, i would usually go outside for cig during break, which i still did but never had the cigarette, so it was going ok untill during the night. I had pretty bad anxiety when i went to bed and all through the night i kept waking up, i thought my heart was missing beats and i had to breath deep to get it going again, or thats what it felt like. I was sweating the whole night and i thought i might die in my sleep! As i said, i have not had these symptoms for so long, so to have them back so suddenly, i'm gutted. I think its the withdrawls from cigs although im not entirley convinced. I had a smoke about half an hour ago and felt sick and dizzy. I don't want to smoke any more !! I tried patches a couple of years ago, came out in a rash and felt nauseas, Im not going to my doc coz i hate both the GPs and they are rubbish at how they handle anxiety. Anyone ever been in this situation and did you succeed in stopping ? How did you handle the anxiety ? Need some advice....... thanks :) Love Paige x x

Vanilla Sky
24-04-09, 13:57
Thanks Tetely, I just had another ciggy after lunch :mad: Im so annoyed with myself ! If it wasn't for the anxiety i'm sure i could do it , but i cant go through all that again, took me months to recover. I don't feel so jittery now it' definately not a mind thing it is cig withdrawl, what do i do ?! :doh:

spaced
24-04-09, 15:17
awww paige don't feel bad about having the smoke stopping is really hard i guess all you can do is keep trying or maybe cut down bit by bit. last time i gave up for 6 weeks and still ended up back on them the daft dog locked me out of the house and all i could think about was the emergency pack of cigs i had hidden in the draw lol. i'm going to give it another try in a few weeks.