PDA

View Full Version : Timing of Attacks

bananarbabe
30-12-03, 04:11
Hi everyone,

Does anyone out there monitor the timing of their attacks? I have had most of mine at night but yesterday I had one in the morning at church. It really terrified me.

rick
30-12-03, 05:43
Hi!

Bear with me, as I am typing on my laptop. The big fancy Gateway is busy burning a Coal mining DVD I'm developing for the state...

I'm sure we should, as it would perhaps show a pattern of where we are, what we are doing, who (if anyone) we're with... Perhaps there is a common thread or two or three that is not obvious now, but after logging them for a while, something may become apparent that you can use to break the chain. (of course, my sincere hope for you would be that the log was tiny, with few entries!!!)

Give it a shot! I'm still trying to find what activated my attacks after 15 years, and I already have some insight, besides this cursed flu bug I've been blaming it on. let me know what you think, and we'll see whats going on. If youre still awake (USA or UK) Pop back up, and we'll visit for a bit, see what we can come up with, again if you can bear with me poundng this little laptop's keys so slow!

Rick

diana
30-12-03, 06:37
Hiya Rick and Bananrbabe,

I never really thought of monitoring my attacks. However this is a GREAT idea. I shall start doing this myself. Like you said Rick there may be something there that can help break the chain. I surely hope to not have many entries of course, but it is quite an idea, maybe I can link something to the attacks. We should all try this, see what we come up with. Thanks for the posts. Like you two I primarily have "ATTACKS" at night too, but do feel very anxious during the day, and have had on occassion an attack in the morning. Let`s see how it goes and what we can link to these things. Take care you two.

Diana xoxoxoxo

uryjm
30-12-03, 09:21
I find the more tired I am, the more vulnerable to attacks I become. I doubt I've ever had a panic attack the morning after a good night's sleep.

Jim

uryjm
30-12-03, 09:22
Oh, and by the way, I find churches intimidating. All that guilt, no doubt!

Jim

Meg
30-12-03, 12:44
Diana ,

We've been going on about keeping a diary for weeks or months - where have you been !! lol :)

Do it. It's a wonderful way of

a) benchmarking where you are now
b) spotting trends of when you feel anxious
c) getting all your feelings out all higgledly piggledly
d) something that you can look back on in weeks to come and see how you're doing
e) find comfort in on difficult days when you can read in your own typing or writing how good you have been for several days or how the intensity of the feelings have subsided...

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

bananarbabe
30-12-03, 18:19
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the info. I don't feel as alone as I use to.

In terms of monitoring panic attacks, I've been reading this book that has some suggestions as to how to monitor the panic attacks. It mainly suggests focusing on feelings that cause the attack and then also asks that you write a response to the feelings you have right before the attack.

The second part of it is to rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being total panic) every morning afternoon and evening. Then after a week or so you can see if there are any patterns.

Thanks again

Chris

diana
30-12-03, 18:42
Hiya Meg,

I don`t know, I guess I passed over that topic. LOL.... :) I will surely start doing that though. Should we also do this for the days we only feel anxious or only for the days we are going into an attack? It will be interesting to see if there are any patterns. Maybe the key to breaking this cycle??? Who knows??? Thanks for all the information as usual, this forum , the people here and information is PRICELESS. Take care all, I wish all of you a better year this coming 2004. We will beat this together, I know we will.

Love,

Diana xoxoxo

nomorepanic
30-12-03, 18:54
Hi Bananarbabe

Welcome to the message foum.

I don't monitor my attacks now but I used to and I didn't really find a trend. Some came when I was just sat watching TV.

I find nowadays that I get more anxious when I am tired or hungover (LOL).

Try keeping a record and see how it goes for you.

Nicola