PDA

View Full Version : hey, im new

21girl
24-04-09, 13:46
hey people, newbie here.

suffered from anxiety on and off for a few years. First episodes i can remember are from when i was around 9 years old, mum and dad split, moved into grandmothers etc etc. Wouldnt go to school, wouldnt eat etc etc.

All has been wellfor many years, just the odd tinge of anxiety, but nothing to hard to deal with.

I work in a very busy place, and felt in come on on good friday - the heat - the shaking and the trying to get out of there as soon as possible.

Howver on bank holiday monday, my grandma fell down the stairs (she is okay) and standing in the hospital i felt the heat up my back, up the neck and the shaking. I made my way out to the front for some fresh air.

Have been bad since then, been to doctors for some tests and everything is fine (blood wise) and have been given beta-blockers. First doctor i saw was lovely, the second (who prescrbied me the tablets) coouldnt seem to care less. I am slowly getting there, i listen to my meditation music, and the last 2 days have been out for a bike ride - which is a small step as i seem to hate leaving my house these days.

What a wonderful forum, i hope i can help others, and likewise they help me. We are all in it together.

Those who mind don't matter - and those who matter dont mind.

Southern_Belle
24-04-09, 14:53
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. Glad you found us!

Take care,

Laura

Vanilla Sky
24-04-09, 16:01
Hi and welcome to NMP, you will finds loads of support here, we are all in the same boat, look forward to seeing you in chat Love Paige x

duskess
24-04-09, 19:02
Hello and Welcome to NMP , glad you have found the site , you will receive lots of advice and support here and make new friends too ,take care and:welcome: Dusky x