PDA

View Full Version : Counselling is sorted!!

NoPoet
24-04-09, 13:56
Hi all, my counsellor called me this morning to arrange a preliminary appointment!

I told her that I would like to see her as soon as possible because I feel that counselling might actually fix me. She has put me to the top of her list, but this unfortunately still means I can't see her for two weeks. That's not too bad though, it is something to look forward to, it takes a lot of strain off me and I know that it is going to make all the difference.

Still got another 13 days to get through though... but with the support I'm already receiving, and with the citalopram starting to get a foothold, I am starting to think that everything will be ok :)

My appointment is on the 8th of May which is unfortunately when the new Star Trek comes out. Oh cruel mistress of fate, though doth dangle me by my dangly bits.

melody
25-04-09, 02:21
Hi,

I am glad you have taken this step to get yourself well. Remember to be realistic in your expectations. After your first session it's common to feel let down because you're not fixed yet. It takes time before you see the results. It means you have to face the things that you don't want to face & can make you feel angry at first. It's hard because it's worth doing though. If you keep it up it can change everything about your life for the better. It helps you put the past back into perspective so that it has less power over you, which can only bring good things.

What it isn't is a magic cure. It's a process of self development, patience & growth that helps you to grow into maturity & perhaps wisdom.

That's how it was for me anyway :)

Melody

NoPoet
25-04-09, 16:00
Thanks Melody, that was a really helpful thing to say and I agree with all of it.

Couple of things that worry me: my sessions are going to be 2 weeks apart, my sessions are only 50 minutes long and I only get 6 sessions!

That has prompted me to raise my game... I have updated my "Citalopram diary" thread if you want to click the link below :)

amandaj
25-04-09, 17:15
hi psyco i have councelling weekly it was supposed to be 6 hour sessions but its now 12 half hour ones as i couldnt stay that long hope it all goes well for you