PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Beliefs....

Lawton86
24-04-09, 14:28
Hey guys,

This is somthing ive been working out while on my first and hopefully last journey through anxiety.

If i believe somthing will help me , it really does help me, if i dont think somthing will help me, it has no affect at all.

For instance... i just read a thread on natural remedys and the 'herbal' way of curing anxiety. I tried this a week ago and before i even spent my 15 pounds at the shop i had it set in my mind that this would not work, and hey presto i tried it and it did not work.

Just like if i believed i could walk to for 5 miles a day without having any anxiety and panic attacks i feel storngly that i would be able to do it. I guess what im trying to say is i dont know if its more a case of some peoples bodys dont accept that kind of medication or therapy....its more a case of if we believe it will work and with anxiety it seems to be all about if we believe it can work, chances are we will feel better when taking it etc etc.

I have been prescribed diazepam and citalapram....i believe the citalapram will work but i took one and it made me feel badly. I really believe the reason it made me feel alot worse was because i had read alot on here and other websites about the bad side effects. If i had never read anything on them it wouldnt have been half as bad. But now im scared to take them because i believe they will make me feel poorly, and if i believe that then all thats going to happen is my anxiety is going to build up and make me feel poorly even if they dont.

The diazepam do work becuase as soon as i got prescribed them i knew they would. yeh their not good to be on but i can take one and know in 30 mins ill be alot calmer. Im sure if i believed in the herbal side of things then they would work for me too.....its all about how ur mind thinks and works i guess.

Maybe im Just pointing out the obvious...it just seems soo silly when u think about it logically :S