PDA

View Full Version : Numb Fingers

Christinak
24-04-09, 14:32
For about 5 days now, my little finger and one side of my ring finger have been completely numb. The back of my hand in that area and the side of my hand beside my little finger are also completely numb. I can move my fingers but can't feel a thing. My middle finger occasionally goes tingly but the rest are fine. This started late in the evening on Sunday and has been like this since. Its driving me a little mad. Any ideas?

Panickypants
24-04-09, 14:34
I do think it has something to do with Anxiety cos i do get this too mainly in bad at night i wake up and sometimes my whole hand is numb, i haven't suffered from it for over a year but now my anxiety has come back i am so thats what i am putting it down to...

It could also be carpol tunnel syndrome but i very much doubt it x x

j2
24-04-09, 17:17
It could be anxiety that is messing with your ulnar nerve. I get this type of thing all the time. Good luck

lauren6
25-04-09, 04:36
Christinak, did you sprain your neck at all? I play violin and sometimes I overuse my neck and the fingers get tingly, the nerve runs down to the fingers. Very common. I ice my neck, do some stretching and it takes the pressure off the nerve. Don't know if that's the case with you.

Christinak
25-04-09, 13:07
Thank you for your replies. I didn't sprain my neck as far as I know:) I do use my laptop most of the day. It is on my desk and I spend alot of time with my elbow leant on the corner of the desk. I suppose I could have pinched a nerve that way.