PDA

View Full Version : abnormality on ECG.......T-wave?? Help.

cakechops
24-04-09, 17:00
Went to the doctors today and had my ECG with the nurse- hate anything medical and was a bit stressed.
After the ECG she said there were 'very slight abnormalities' on the T-wave, she checked with the doc who didn't need to see me and said not to worry.
I am going for a 24 hour monitoring thing when my appointment comes through but I am now in a state of panic and feel tearful and sad.
Didn't have a 'flutter' during the ECG but am sure having them now!
Any advice very,very gratefully recieved. Thanks.

PS- the nurse knows me and said when I left- " Don't use your energy googling it, look for a yoga class instead!"

nomorepanic
24-04-09, 17:05
The doctors wouldn't let you just walk away if there was a problem so be reassured by that at least.

cakechops
24-04-09, 17:34
Thanks Nicola- I LOGICALLY know that is the case but when I am in this panic mode all logic flys out of the window! :scared15: I will try and calm down as I am getting in a silly place and hate myself for it.
Thanks for the advice.

countrygirl
24-04-09, 18:20
Afraid I don't know what t wave means but it could just be plain old PVC's which is what we all get otherwise known as ectopics or missed beats and they are almost always harmless if freaky:mad:

CJH86
26-04-09, 11:08
Hi, the T wave just represents when the heart is recharging after a beat...something as simple as breathing too much can affect it :)

lucylou
26-04-09, 12:00
Hey i dunno if this helps but i know the feeling. I have abnormal waves on My ECG's and have been told i have something called Wolff parkinson white syndrome which can cause palpatations ectopics and stuff. What i will say is like you i was told this and sent home...im still waiting for a holter test appointment 3 months later. so ive asked Dr Google who has just scared the hell out of me. I've come to realise that my consultant would not have sent me home and left me hanging if it was a serious case. if you need to talk PM me though hun... as i know how it feels xxxx:hugs:

angietomjimandcass
26-04-09, 16:08
A t wave is nothing to worry about, some times laughing affects it.