PDA

View Full Version : Does Citalapram help with de-realization?

Lawton86
24-04-09, 20:03
Hey Guys

As many of you know i got prescribed this but refuse to take it at the moment as i took one a week ago and it made me feel horrible.

But this de-realization is starting to do my head in! its setting of panic and anxiety attacks/ its making me agrophobic even tho im trying to get out every day so it doesnt take a hold on me!

Th question is in the title really....is citalapram as good as my doc makes out and that it will help me out sooo much more then im thinking it will?

suzy-sue
24-04-09, 20:19
It has certainly helped me,i only wish id taken it sooner,I felt horrible when i started on them ,but im glad i stuck it out.If you dont try youll never know! whats the alternative? Good luck with whatever you decide,theres plenty on here ,who will support you if you decide to give them a try.Take care Sue :hugs:

NoPoet
25-04-09, 23:41
Hi mate, if the citalopram helps you with your anxiety and/or depression it should also help with the derealisation, but it won't work straight away. derealisation is also a side effect of this medicine. I've had derealisation occasionally and although it's weird, it won't hurt you.

If you aren't suffering from depression I would recommend beta blockers rather than citalopram. I find that citalopram made my anxiety a lot worse and it is only just slightly better after 5 weeks.