PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone

SarahP
24-04-09, 20:21
I'm a 22 year old who was diagnosed about six weeks ago with GAD. This diagnosis followed a year and a half of being treated for depression with Prozac and then Mirtazapine. I've recently tried to duloxetine but it made me very physically ill so I cam off drugs completely. Now my GP has prescribed citalopram, although I'm very scared of starting it and making my symptoms worse.

I've had a few episodes of mental health problems in my life, most of which were brought about by going away for uni, manifesting itself as separation anxiety. Over the last year and a half I have had times when I felt absolutely fine, so it was devastating in October when I tried to return to uni after a leave of absence and my 'strong' persona crumpled and left me a bit of a scared wreck! I've not really recovered since then, and it's only recently since I had my proper diagnosis that I feel I'm getting anywhere with it.

The hardest part of it all for me is how it affects the other people in my life. it means I get scared of spending time with my boyfriend, and my parents are really worried.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself as I came across this site whilst googling citalopram, and thought it seemed a really good way of reaching out to people in a similar situation!

I'd like to chat and share experiences and things that help with other people. In fact I'll start now by recommending a book that's started me feeling better in the last couple of weeks. It's called Self-Coaching, but Joseph Lucciani. It's quite a proactive approach, but quite a good way of viewing the problems we all suffer with.

Anyway, feel free to say hi :)

Sarah xxx

duskess
24-04-09, 21:47
Hello Sarah, Welcome to NMP , You will get lots of support advice and understanding here , glad you found the site , you will meet members who suffer from GAD and get good information from them too , i do hope things get alot easier for you and your family ,you will find members threads on citalopam in the Forum under medications , Welcome again , take care:welcome: Dusky x:shrug:

diane07
24-04-09, 21:49
Hi Sarah,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

you'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xx

duskess
24-04-09, 21:50
Hi again sarah , sorry must have clicked on shrug my mistake :blush: :welcome: Dusky x

starlight78
24-04-09, 22:26
Hi Sarah!

Welcome to NMP.. you will find so much kindness and good advice here..

Big Hugs xx

Southern_Belle
25-04-09, 15:15
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. Sometimes you feel worse before better on meds and it takes awhile before they start to work. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

kittykat
27-04-09, 08:40
Hi there and :welcome:to the site, loads of good advice and support on here , take care xx