PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

hoji
24-04-09, 21:13
Greetings.

My name is Ken, I'm 24 years old and work with drawings for a large defense company. I don't have many friends, but that doesn't stop me from doing what is fun! Now half extravert/introvert, things seem to be going smoothly.

This site has really helped me in understanding just how much anxiety there was going on inside me. I've always been a logical person, but illogical when it comes to ignoring the unimportant details (heh, go figure).

After coming to this site, I spent all day at work reading through just about every page available. This helped me to discover what was going on inside my mind that I apparently had not been showing the rest of the world. I guess I've developed a great sense of being unattached from the emotional world. THAT started when I was a child.

I never found funny what my peers were laughing at, so I distanced myself from them to pursue a lifestyle of work and no play. Heh, that didn't work out quite as planned. But, I have recently begun to feel compassion for others, especially now my family. Nothing has gone wrong since I've started showing compassion to those who I had been receiving it from all along.

Now, I am still a worrysome type, but I have found religious groups and peer-support groups where people can express their deepest child-hood desires.

In short: I've learned how to persevere to endeavor as well as to be open and honest about everything that floats around in my head. The first thing I realized from just getting out and making myself known to the world: hide nothing that you love from anybody you can trust!

:ban: Have a good one!

Patty
25-04-09, 13:19
Hi Ken, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)

diane07
25-04-09, 13:29
Hi ken,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

you'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

Southern_Belle
25-04-09, 15:28
Hi Ken,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

duskess
25-04-09, 15:48
Hello Ken , Welcome to NMP , Best wishes , take care :welcome: Dusky x

amandaj
25-04-09, 16:26
hi welcome to nmp

kittykat
27-04-09, 08:43
Hi there and :welcome:to the site, loads of good advice and support on here , take care xx