PDA

View Full Version : Help! Anxiety worse!

MOJO
25-04-09, 09:43
I started Sertraline a week ago. 50mg to start then doctor reduced it to 25mg after a few days. I am having horrible side effects. My anxiety is worse than before. I was getting spells in the day when I wasn't feeling too bad but this is constant. I shake and feel so agitated. The thought of doing anything sends waves of panic through me. Anyone know if this will get better or how long it will take? I feel like stopping it. Are these symptoms normal?

chief
30-04-09, 21:07
i just started zoloft 100mg and at first i was haveing Sweats, Chest pain, feeling of weakness and like my heart would stop any minute, problem sleeping, not wanting to do anythng and so on but it will get better. My doc gave me diazapam with it to dull the side affects and ambien to help me sleep...

mdLc
11-06-09, 23:59
Hi...

I started on sertraline(zoloft) 50 mg about 6 weeks ago due to a constant battle with panic and anxiety.

The first few days I started taking it my panic and anxiety had gotten so bad that I was ready to come off it. I called my doc and told him what I was feeling and that I was not able to eat at all..all I did was drink water.
My doc assured me that these side effects were very common and to stick with it.
I was also having new symptoms when first starting, I would wake up with very sweaty palms and seemed to suffer with my panic from the time I opened my eyes until I was able to fall asleep.

My doc gave me a 10 day supply of xanax to help cope with the added anxiety and told me to keep taking the zoloft.

I would talk to someone i KNEW WHO TAKED SERTALINE(ZOLOFT) and asked her how long it would take to work and when will I know if its working..she assured me to keep with it and that I would just know when it had kicked in.

I have to admit that about the 2nd or 3rd week into it I felt completely different and woke up one morning just knowing that it was working...my attacks have come to a 98% stop and I was able to return back to work after being on leave for a month.

On occassion I still get a bit of a panic attack but it is NOTHING like it used to be, its very rare and comes and goes VERY fast.
((knock on wood..lol:D ))

I started at 50 mg and about 3 weeks ago I was told by my doc to raise it to 100mg.

I did however come to notice that the times that my slight panic comes back is usually that "time of the month" which I hear is very common due to hormones..(which is common for female panic sufferers.)

I would suggest sticking with it and give it a try..I really almost gave up on it during the 1st week but im happy I didnt.

Im literally on my way out the door right now to go see my doc and get another prescription.

Im happy with it...I know its tough at first but you should give it a chance..

Hope this helps a bit

also must add that I had not needed to take another xanax for over a month now.:yesyes: