PDA

View Full Version : does crying help?

anana
25-04-09, 13:29
I'm curious -

i've never been one to cry much at all, but recently i feel like a need to cry a lot, so i was wondering if crying would make me feel better or worse? :shrug:

melody
25-04-09, 13:46
Hi,

you have every right to cry if your feelings tell u 2. Don't feel the need 2 hide, or u will push away all the people trying 2 support u.

Nicola_lou
26-04-09, 00:44
I ent much for crying but when I do I feel so much lighter. As they say better out then in eh. It good to have a good cry.

starlight78
26-04-09, 18:50
Hi Anana,
I love a good cry! It always helps me feel better... give it a try xx

bel25
26-04-09, 19:08
A book i read on PA was by a psychologist and he said that the common factor he found in all people who had them (we get them because stress builds up and it's a way of offloading it but everyone gets stressed at some point but not everyone gets PA) was that they all suppressed sadness, ie held back their tears so your grief needs to find another outlet- makes sense. So yeah, i think crying does help to release and offload all your sadness.
take care
xxx

lotte_82
26-04-09, 21:08
hey :blush:

i think you should try and let it out. :hugs:

Im having a tough time at the moment...and I am usually a crier (but not cried now for over 3 months)......at the moment i feel very dead and empty inside BUT would really love a good cry....i just cant right now as my emotions are dead :weep:

SO if you feel you can cry I think go for it....holding n emotions cant be good :blush:

duskess
26-04-09, 21:20
Hi Anana , yes crying is good for you , a psychologist told me its a good release , it certainly wont make you feel any worse , i cry when i want to now , take care Dusky x

lemongrass6
26-04-09, 21:44
It's great to let it all out when your feeling depressed, the secret is to do it when you feel comfortable.
Wait until there is nobody in the house and just cry and cry into your pillow, it's great if you can scream and shout and just release it all.
The secret is to release everything, you can shout about who your angry at and tell the world why your so upset with it. : ) trust me it helps : )

purplehaze
26-04-09, 22:07
We all need to cry and its our own bodies way of just letting go of all the pain that we go through, just in the same way we may cry when someone passes away.

Thankfully even men now cry and dont bottle it all up so cry and just let it flow

Be Blessed

kev