PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

coleen1974
25-04-09, 15:35
Hiya, I am Coleen and I am 34.
I have suffered panic attacks for about 15 years, and have learned a lot of avoidance techniques!! I have decided I need to face up to this and not let it control my life.
This site was recommended by my sister and I have found it very helpful. i am loking forward to chatting to other people in similar situations to me and know that it is not "just me" .

Southern_Belle
25-04-09, 15:36
Hi Coleen,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. Glad you are here.

Take care,

Laura

PUGLETMUM
25-04-09, 15:41
:welcome: coleen - its definately not just you!!!! take care, emma xxxxx:yesyes:

duskess
25-04-09, 16:25
Hello Coleen, Welcome to NMP , Lots of advice support and understanding members, glad you joined the site , take care Dusky :welcome: x

Tink
25-04-09, 22:32
Welcome Coleen
Since starting with anxiety, have found great comfort in this site. When feeling anxious/panicy I read symptoms on left and makes me feel calmer straight away (printed them out now so can carry them everywhere!!). I always thought it was 'just me' who was suffering with this and comforts u to know that u r not the only one.

TAke care Tink xxx

kittykat
27-04-09, 08:47
Hi there and :welcome:to the site, loads of good advice and support on here , take care xx

bobobob
27-04-09, 20:43
Hi Coleen, Anxiety is a curse. It takes a lot to cope with. Well done for facing up to it. That shows enormus strenght. I admire your courage. Oh by the way welcome to the site. I send you support and a hug.

Bluebelle
28-04-09, 03:46
Hello Coleen !
Welcome to NMP. There are lots of people who suffer through panic attacks- you not the only one although it may feel isolating and lonely sometimes.
I am glad you're here !
Bluebelle

Patty
28-04-09, 10:56
Hi Coleen, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers: