PDA

View Full Version : I know you wont like this

alihud
25-04-09, 17:05
I just have to say thanx to the people in chat today NOT.Ive always tried to support people on there even becoiming a mod for a short time and then having to give it up because it was too much for me.I am having the most terrible day but when i went to help i was totally ignored.I am at the end of my tether today and i am very worried for myself,the only reason i am keeping going is for my kids otherwise i just wouldnt bother.So when someone goes to help just someone think and go and help them becuase i really need it today.I wont be coming back i really have had enough.
Alison

lotte_82
25-04-09, 17:09
Are you ok hun? :hugs:

I have only been in chat once so dont have any experience....just wanted to send you a hug :bighug1:

bottleblond
25-04-09, 17:16
Ali

I am so sorry that no one came to help you hun :hugs:
Iv'e not been in chat much recently because the forum has been really busy.

Was the room busy? I know i have missed someone going in 'Help' before because the room was so busy that id didn't even see them go in.

:bighug1:
Love Lisa
xxx

nomorepanic
25-04-09, 17:22
Hi Ali

Sorry to hear you had a bad time in chat.

Sometimes people don't go into the Help room as they do not feel that they can offer any support/advice at that time. I am sure it wasn't a deliberate act to ignore you though.

It can be hard to take on someone else's problems if you are having a bad time yourself as well.

Maybe talk to some friends on MSN or post on the forum instead.

nikk_dolittle
25-04-09, 18:30
I have personally appoligsed to Ali on MSN, I was in chat but not talking as I was away from the comp.

I try to help all I can, and although Im having a rough day, I feel bad by not going into help.

I know Ali has said its not my fault but Ali has been there for me when I need help.

I'm sorry this has happened.
I hope my appoligy is excepted.

nxxx

claire m
25-04-09, 18:40
ali, im so sorry that you are feling so bad i have felt that way alot the past few months and im sorry to say it but if it was not for my kids i know what could happen, i really do understand.
I just entered chat when you said you felt invisable and then you left, i left pretty much after you as im feeling abit down and didnt want to bring the conversation down.
I feel for you going into help and no one following it would hurt me too.
take care of yourself .but please dont leave you are a lovely lady and have given me a some great heart felt advice.
claire xxx

PUGLETMUM
25-04-09, 18:50
:hugs: i dont think anyone should feel that they have to leave chat because they may bring everyone down - but chat is used for fun quite alot so im not surprised that ppl feel this way - basically i dont feel comfortable with chat at all - its like joining a new school without being abe to see anyone - i think chat is a real struggle for alot of ppl and it may add to their feelings in a negative way - obviously this wont apply to the ppl who get alot out of chat - but i think they should remember that when someone comes in there when the room is fulll of ppl who know each other that is a very daunting thing to do especially as we are all anxiety sufferers - why cant ppl make others feel welcome and ask them about themselves - i dont think it should be left to the newbie to try to fit in - that is such a hard thing to do - and i know that ive tried many times to push myself forward and its not always welcomed!!!!! i care because id like to go into chat more often myself, but sometimes i think well im prob gonna feel worse so i wont bother, how must new ppl feel who dont know anyone on here and who may be suffering quite badly? this has brought the debate up again about how useful chat is to EVERYONE - is it or is it just useful to the ppl who have 'banter' and spend alot of time in there with the ppl they know?:shrug:

claire m
25-04-09, 19:09
when i said i left soon as i didnt want to bring the conversation down it was no fault of anyone on chat at that time, I enjoy the chat room and whilst some have obvious friendships beyond nmp, i have always felt welcomed and did so today i got asked how i felt of several members and i said i wasnt feeling to good, i did not hang around in chat as i felt i had nothing to contribute at the time.
But that is the way i am i go into myself and i am not very good at getting my feelings across.
This is the only chatroom i visit so really have no experiance of them other than here.
xxx.

mumof4
25-04-09, 19:40
i was in chat today im sorry u feel like we ignored u i didnt mean too its just times there is a few things happening and u cant always keep up me for one of them.

dont let it put u off

sorry

Kells81
25-04-09, 20:21
Hiya
I use to be really nervous about chat but last weekend I actually gave it a go and thought it was brilliant and I spent alot of time in it.
I found everyone fantastic and we all tried to help eveyone who came in and said they didnt feel great. I honestly dont think people would intentionally ignore people in chat-sometimes it gets very busy and it is hard to keep up.
For those of you that are worried about going into chat I really recommend that you try it out-you will all be welcomed

I am sorry you had a bad experience Ali, I hope you are feeling better now. Give chat a second chance, the people there might really be able to make you feel better.

xxx

diane07
25-04-09, 20:29
I spend alot of time in help with people, and i honestly don't mind, whatever sort of day i'm having, i understand that others need more support than me, i wouldn't expect everyone else to be the way i am, i do feel a bit bad that i wasn't there today, but i also know i can't be there all the time.

We have also had some lovely posts done about chat lately so that is a good thing.
Ali i am so sorry i wasn't here to help today, but you do know you can always text me when you're struggling, i will always help you, you know that, sometimes others have there own probs and may feel they are just not up to going into help

I wish you well hun, and i hope things get better for you real soon

di xx

sandramick
26-04-09, 02:18
hugs ali
sandra
xxxxxxxxx
:bighug1:

london
26-04-09, 04:17
i never go in help ali sorry but if any time i can help let me know

tigger1964
26-04-09, 08:18
aw ali, im sorry, i wasnt in when this happened, hope your feeling a bit better hun. I only really go on in the mornings these days or for a quick catch up here and there, im really sorry this happened to you x

take care hun

tiggs x

Oceanblue
26-04-09, 09:40
Awww - This is a real shame :*(

I remember you coming in chat yesterday Ali and I'm sure I asked how you were. I must have misunderstood. It's so hard to know how people are really feeling over the Net and I'm sorry you have been feeling so low.

I used to go in the Help room quite a bit, only it's been a long time since i've been in the chatroom and yesterday, I actually thought was a really nice chat with everybody,.. so nice... I was going to mention it here today !

I'm sorry that you felt ignored. I can understand that you're feeling unwell and so this has not helped, but I promise you something - There was No intention of any harm Ali, please believe me.

I'm sorry Ali. All I can say is that, everybody does generally care.

Please, if there's anything I can help with, I'm more than happy to support and I'm so sure everybody else is too.

Take good care and I hope you can reconsider.

amandaj
26-04-09, 13:18
i was in chat yesterday but dont think i was there when you went to help, appologies if i was just was having a bad day myslef ,and if it was when i was there i didnt notice we are all here for each other, sometimes we just get wrapped up in ourselfs i guess which is prob what i was doing yesterday and today hope your feelinga bit better today

amandaxx

tracy.splosh
26-04-09, 16:51
I have been venturing into chat a bit recently, and apart from one day last week when it was very busy in there (although 2 people did say hi ) I have always been made welcome. Di, and London are 2 people that i can think of that I notice always welcome people. I have to say though that as im quite slow at the moment I realise minutes later that someone else has entered. Im just not able to keep up with it all.

Hope this helps

Tracy x x

Oh and Jaco too always says hi

ladybird64
26-04-09, 17:52
I'm really sorry this has happened to you Ali, you were one of the first people to offer me support when I first started using chat..I hate the thought that you are feeling so low.
I wasn't there yesterday and can only think that this was a genuine oversight rather than you being ignored..I am actually going to start a thread about the issue of the helproom shortly.

Hope you are feeling a wee bit better today. :hugs:

Granny Primark
26-04-09, 18:09
Ali big hugs.
Ive been in chat when ive been at breaking point and just needed a quiet chat and reassurance.
Ive been really lucky cus everytime ive been to help room someone has followed me.
Im so sorry this wasnt the case for you.
Dont leave chat ali i know there are people in there that genuinly think the world of you.
Me included.
Big hugs xxxxxxxxx

alihud
27-04-09, 18:49
Hi guys,thanx for all your lovely replies.Im going to have a rest from chat,im really not feeling very well mentally and physically so im going to have some quiet time to get better.I will be around in the forums and on msn.Love to all of you.
Ali xx

suzy-sue
27-04-09, 19:26
Hope you feel better soon Alli. Look after yourself.Luv Sue:hugs:

PoppyC
28-04-09, 00:46
Hi Ali
Hope that you begin to feel a bit better soon. :hugs:

kittykat
28-04-09, 11:34
Ali , sorry this happened and hope you feel better soon,xx:hugs::hugs:

weeble40
29-04-09, 09:08
aww Ali im sorry i wasnt in chat when u needed help, Im always here for you and I hope u know that, keep your chin up, tx me next time and ill be there like a shot

loves ya mate

Emms xxxxx

franfhm
29-04-09, 21:04
Ali hun I'm so sorry to hear about this but it does happen sometimes. I know I'm rubbish in following people to help but I do sometimes wonder that what I say is interpreted wrongly.

If you want to chat or anything just msg me on fb, take care of yourself and hope to see you back before too long xx

alihud
29-04-09, 22:28
Thanx Fran and Emma xxxx I dont think i will come back to chat,im much happier pottering around the forums without the hassle of the chat room.I just dont think its the right place for me at the mo.xxxxxx