PDA

View Full Version : Problems with sleep anxiety

kt79
25-04-09, 18:07
Hi im 29 and have been suffering mildly from general anxiety since I can remember. After having my little boy nearly 2 years ago I suffered from post natal depression. Depression was something I have never suffered from before. Recently my relationship ended and a very close friend died suddenly. I was feeling ok until a month ago when I went back to full time work. I just could not sleep which is something again I have never suffered from and my anxiety has escalated massively. I now have a fear of sleeping and wake up in the morning dreading the following night. I had to stop working and feel I have lost control. My doctor has given me zopiclone and citalopram which I have been taking for 2 weeks. I am finding now that the sleeping pills are not even working now and the citralopram is making me twitchy which I think is making it worse. Has anybody got any suggestions?

bobobob
25-04-09, 19:16
If the medication doesn't do what you want. Go back to your GP and tell him/her. He has the choice of so many different meds. he can find one that works for you. Its the side effects that are so hard to put up with. I wish you the best and hope things get better for you.
Hang in. Bob

lemongrass6
25-04-09, 19:46
Sometimes the medication they give you just isn't right for you. I tried 3 different anti-depressents or mood stabelizers before I found one that genuinly worked for me. Don't be afraid to tell your doctor that it isn't working. : ) good luck x

duskess
25-04-09, 20:19
Hello and welcome to NMP , You will gets lots of advice support and understanding here , sorry to hear about the loss of your friend you have been going through quite alot lately i really do hope things get easier for you soon ,remember
citralopram will take 4 to 6 weeks to start kicking in ,you will find out about citralopram under medications , glad you found the site , take care ,:welcome: Dusky x

Southern_Belle
27-04-09, 04:28
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. I'm no doctor but I was once on a med called Trazadone which is classed as an (ssri) anti-depressant. You might want to talk to your doctor about this medication, it worked great for me for sleeping and is not addictive like the other sleeping meds. Glad you found us, you are not alone!

Take care,

Laura

kittykat
27-04-09, 08:52
Hi there and :welcome:to the site, loads of good advice and support on here , and if you look under medication you should be able to get some more good advice,take care xx