PDA

View Full Version : has anyone got over this?

Romo
25-04-09, 22:46
My anxiety started as a health problem and went on from having full on attacks from small to big and feeling anxiety all the time if NOT having attacks. I know it's anxiety and I don't even know what i have anxiety over anymore because i know i'm not sick so there is nothing I'm really scared over, i'm just having major anxiety for most of the day for no reason. I quit school because everything makes me "feel weird" Also, I have all the symptoms from MAJOR tiredness, fatigue , twiches, stomach problems, dizzyness, probably every symptom you can think of and it swiches from day to day of week to week. The problem is, I feel weird ALL the time, even when i'm doing nothing, or doing something... and i'm not only talking about the symptoms, even a day when everything is at the lowest point of symptoms, I feel the weirdest. I read most of the post here and it's either recovery from attacks from certain places they were scared of recovery from actual panic attacks which they got every few days but not really constant general aniexty and both. Anyone fully recover from this? Also, with or without meds, now long.. pls share me your story to help me. This started 3 months ago and i;m on no meds yet but thinking of doing it tommo. Also I saw a therpist and she doesn't help much.
thanks

duskess
27-04-09, 05:14
Hi Romo, yes it possibly to get over Anxiety and Panic , personally i havent but i have learnt ways to cope with it , Anxiety and Panic is very scary but with CBT Therapy , councelling etc you learn lots of ways of coping more easily, ask your doctor to refer you to a different therapist , when you learn how to cope , you will be able to go back to school if you want to and have a good quality of life , if its easier for you write it all down ie what help you would like and why and give it to your doctor , you need understanding and then you can move on to enjoy life and everything it has to offer , im sure the NMP Members will give you good advice to help you too , i really do wish for you everthing good and you deserve it too , you take care Dusky xx

gtrgrl3369
27-04-09, 14:15
It is very possible to get over this. There is a light at the end of tunnel, but it sounds like you just started. I suffered greatly from anxiety and panic and everyday was the worst. I didnt want to sleep for fear of what the next day would hold. I was lightheaded and dizzy and depersonalization was the worst. I couldnt breathe, eat or sleep. I was a train wreck in the worst way. I was commited because I was in such bad shape. It is a little over a year later and I hold a full time job and function almost at what I was before. It was alot of hard work. I didnt take meds and only because I was scared of them. I read everything I could get my hands on absorbed everything in those books. I learned how to breathe the right way which I think helped more than anything. You can do this honey, there is no magic fix. It is alot of hard work to curb this but it can be done. If there is anything I can do to help, please write me and I will do my best. Take care.:hugs:

mysonmarcus
27-04-09, 15:43
Hi Gtrgrl

Thats a great post, it would be great if all the people who have recovered as well as you would write a story specifically stating how they did it and how far they got along the road to recovery. I know there is a tips section but normally a sufferer has to buy a book from a recovered person to get the whole story. I for one would enjoy reading it.

best regard

Mark

amandap
28-04-09, 03:39
Hi Romo,

I feel for you because I felt exactly the same as you about a year ago and wanted to let you know that YES, you can definitely get over it. Someone else mentioned CBT which I totally agree with because that's what I used to get better. Someone on another forum recommended an organization online that treats anxiety and it was the best thing I could have done for myself. So don't give up.......find someone who can teach you CBT or try the therapy I used (www.anxiety-online.org).

Best of luck!!

Amanda

Romo
28-04-09, 22:30
thanku you guys!! I feel better knowing there is hope

BasilCat
29-04-09, 09:01
I have had 4 breakdowns in 30 years and suffered, anxiety/Panic and agoraphobia. I have had all the symptoms you can imagine but I have also COMPLETELY GOT BETTER!!! I am just getting over my 4th breakdown now. There would be perhaps 10 years between each breakdown (roughly 10 anyway) and during those times, I have been to America 3 times, Canada, Barbados, most of Europe and as I just wrote on another post, I sent my Psychologist (one I had 20 years ago) a postcard from Florida so he could see how well I was!! So Yes, YOU CAN overcome this. We all can. There is hope, thats 100% definite.

Shirley

Dazo
29-04-09, 12:20
Hi Romo, i know exactly what you are talking about and i often wonder myself if i ever get over it.
Always something and if i get some good days it wont last very long.
Relaxing techniqes and all that, it doesnt help.
Sorry but i have a hard time know so maybe i am too negative. I know it can turn quickly to the better but i want to be better for a longer time than just for a couple of days.
Hope you feel better

/Daniel

Romo
30-04-09, 02:39
thankyou guys! I'm so happy I hear this from you guys.

Romo
01-05-09, 04:52
bump

hillz08
01-05-09, 19:40
I know exactly what your going through... I am experiencing it now and trying to remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel... its a very scary feeling and seems to take over your thoughts.... I experienced this feeling years and years ago in highschool, but it passed on its own rather quickly, but now i have been dealing with it again for about a month. I had to have surgery and had many other stressors in my life, then had a panic attack , but most of the intial causes had been dealt with, so now I just trying to vercome the anxiety and the "weird and unreal" feelings i get. I will keep you posted on any progress I make and please do the same for me... my prayers are with you, take care.