PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Canada !

Bluebelle
26-04-09, 02:13
Greetings From Canada !
Hi Everyone- I am new
I am in the midst of a major depressive episode which started on Christmas Day . I have chosen not to take medication and I am in counselling.

I have been house bound with agorophbia but at the moment I can leave and go to work which is a family business- so I still sometimes hide in the office. Although I cannot bear the thought of anyone seeing in my house-weird.

I have GAD with an emphasis on social anxiety and now that I am 38 and alone -never been married or had a child I have only my tiny dog and
kitty cat-I feel the isolation and pain acutely. I cannot answer the phone and only recently I have been able to go into shops and drive after 10 years.

It is really hard for me to share as I felt the wrath of judgement and I know there are many people who have it harder and are happier. My family is not supportive as they think hard work cures everything. They think I am a burden and whisper amongst themselves whenever I am near-which is awful considering we all work together. They talk loudly to me as though I am deaf and lack comphrehension. They smile smugly at each other and act as though I am contagious -giving me a wide berth in the hallway at work. I really hate myself because deep down I know they are right. Sometimes I am glad I am alone so that I have no one else to dissappoint or burden.
Sometimes I can't even look at my tiny dog and kitty cat because I know I have dissappointed them as well. Especially if my house is messy- I can't seem to keep it neat and clean.

I go back and forth between these :

1) I can beat this-my life doesn't have to be like this - I can be a self reliant person with friends and maybe a family of sorts

2)I can't stop crying I am hopeless worthless and useless- I will always be alone- I am a burden to society and ashamed

I found this website and I have been reading everyone's accounts and it has truly given more hope than anything else I've ever tried.
The people here are so caring and I've never seen such beautiful support and strength.

You all have given me so much more than I deserve- many times I've come to this site sobbing and heartbroken and every time I have found comfort and hope.
Love always
Bluebelle

duskess
26-04-09, 15:46
Hello Bluebelle, Welcome to NMP , We all understand , Happy to hear the website is of help to you , glad you found it , you take care :welcome: Dusky x

duskess
26-04-09, 16:06
Hi Again , It seems to me that you have major depression and you should visit your gp and ask for help councelling etc beleive me you will slowly begin to feel better , but please visit your gp and of course you have the NMP members to help and advise you , take care Dusky x

Bluebelle
27-04-09, 00:29
Hi Tetley and Dusky !
Thank you for your warm welcome- you have no idea how much that helps me feel better- I have been really feeling the starkness of isolation and you've both brightened my life-THANK YOU!

Dusky I really appreciate your advice- it really makes me feel like someone cares and there is hope. I have visited my GP for a full physical and I talked at length with her about my state. At that time (Jan '09) I was crying almost non-stop about anything. I was referred to a counsellor and we discussed drug options. Intitally I chose not to take medication with the approval of both my GP and counsellor. The only stipulation was that I had to attend counselling every week, which I have been doing. This has helped as I am better able to function.
However I seemed to have suffered a setback and this weekend has been very difficult. I am trying to tell myself that this is okay setbacks will happen.

It is hard because I am really feeling like a failure and a fraud. Like all my "progress" wasn't real and I have wasted everyone's time and resources.

I can't emphasize how much NMP has helped me survive. I am so grateful to have this resource.
Thankyou for kindness
Bluebelle

debera
27-04-09, 01:49
hi bluebelle
welcome to nmp. you will get alot of help here. im from canada also feel free to pm me anytime
debera:hugs: :hugs:

Southern_Belle
27-04-09, 04:36
Hi Bluebelle,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. You are right we do all have setbacks. If the counseling isn't enough, please do not think it or you is a failure if you have to take meds temporarily to get back up on your feet to get the upper hand on the depression, it is not a sign of weakness! Glad you found us, you are not alone!

Take care,

Laura

kittykat
27-04-09, 08:59
Hi there and :welcome:to the site, loads of good advice and support on here , the chatroom is really good as well ,take care xx

TBeagle
27-04-09, 14:31
:welcome:Welcome to the site! Hope you find the support and encouragement that you need! Above all, don't give up - the battle is not lost until you quit!

amandaj
27-04-09, 15:06
hi bluebelle youll gets lot of advice and meet new friends aswell its a great site
amanda

bobobob
27-04-09, 15:55
Hay Bluebelle, It's my first time of talking to you, cos I'm new here. I'm just going to send you a big hug. I'm learning fast from some fantastic people.

Bluebelle
28-04-09, 03:18
Hi Everyone !

Debera- I love your dog photo- I feel calmer looking at such a kind dog face! thank you for your offer to PM you but I am not sure how to do that yet but your offer has really comforted me -Thank you!

Southern_Belle-Your kind words have really soothed my mind as I was in turmoil about talking meds-Thank you for gentle advice!

KittyKat - your dancing kitty cat made me SMILE!! Thank you for that

TBeagle-Thank you for your welcome especially your advice on not giving up-you're so right the battle is not lost until you give up

amandaj-Thank you for your welcome I really appreciate it!

Bobobob-Thank you for the big hug ! It makes a difference so I'll send you a big hug from Canada!

You guys have already helped me so much more than I can express-THANK YOU !