PDA

View Full Version : early menopause worries....

sahara
26-04-09, 08:22
can anyone help.....

My dr isn't being particularly helpful here.

Last summer my cycles went down to 21 days after regularly being 28-30 days for about 3 or 4 cycles. then returned to normal

I asked then what cold be wrong and I was told it can happen sometimes.

Now the last three cycles have got shorter from 28 days again. 26, 25, 24 and I have a feeling this one is going to be even shorter IFYKWIM.

I am really panicking that I maybe having an early menopause and I am really scared, because we have decided to try for another baby this month. I am 31 - just:)

I have asked my Dr and he said it is stress (have been through a bit recently but not any in the summer apart from the usual and anyway I have been through alsorts of stress and it has never affected them before)

I don't know if this is my health anxiety or what but I am so worried and I am freaking out over it like I would over a mole.

can anyone help me I am so worried.

I did have to take the morning after pill a few months ago - I hated the fact I had to do it, but I couldn't have coped with being pregnant then for certain reasons

xx

sahara
26-04-09, 08:33
Its funny cos I have had stressful times in my life before but its never had this effect before.

Would I get other symptoms if it was early menopause?

I will go back to my GP, but I only saw him on Thurs and I feel I should give it this cycle before I panic too much, but not doing a very good job.

I did mention it to him last month and my worries and just said stress,

Typical situation for me - think something - and then proceed to obsess :weep:

I thought I was doing so well

sahara
26-04-09, 08:33
Ps I am sorry I forgot to say thank tou Tetley so thank you :flowers:

scooby28
26-04-09, 08:50
before i went on the pill stress definitly affected when i got my periods sometimes i could get a period anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks after my last period finished

sahara
26-04-09, 11:24
thanks ladies,

I am feeling better now. Been out for a nice dog walk and the sun is shining :D