PDA

View Full Version : In turmoil, need help!

rocklover
26-04-09, 08:41
I split up with my boyfriend of 15 months a few weeks back and although upsetting it wasn't too bad as he was really nice and was adamant he wanted to be friends and that he wanted us to be able to speak to each other. He asked me to keep in touch.

So Friday I sent him an email wishing him a great holiday for May and he deleted me from his Facbook page with no explanation. I have now been torturing myself and wondering what I have done to make him change his mind so quickly. I know I shouldn't care as we are not together and I also know that I don't want to get back with him, but this is killing me and really hurts.

I wish my mind could let it go, but I have a huge guilty conscience and I find it very difficult not understanding why he has done this. I am starting a new job tomorrow which is terrifying and I just started Citalopram on Thursday, and so my anx is sky high anyway, the ex has just made it worse.

I know realistically that I haven't done anything bad, but I also know he is the type of person who gets very upset over small things and I know he believes I have done something. I feel like a bad person, even though I haven't done anything. How can I get my brain to stop analysing this? It's driving me insane!

alihud
26-04-09, 14:18
Hiya Rock,in my experience he may have said he wanted to stay friends but as we allknow thats not always possible more than likely he has decided he just wants a clean break.Time for you to move on now girly and say stuff him!!!He wasnt that nice anyway was he?Good luck with the job tomorrow hun,your bound to be nervous,anyone would be,keep strong we are all behind you.
Ali xxxxx

unknown
26-04-09, 14:38
hi rock,
good luck with job, what is it doing?
hmmm firstly well done for finishing a relationship you felt wasn't working i personally think that is really brave, and wish i had your strength!
i know its so hard to not take it all to pieces and try and work out why he doesn't want to speak to you right now. i think the only thing to do is some distraction techniques, try and kind your mind busy so you arn't concentrating on it too much.
maybe he just needs some space and will contact you in his own time. i think i would want that if i was him, once he has thought it all through he might want to get in touch, or he might just want to walk away to avoid hurting you/himself and confusing things.
really really good luck tomo, im sure you will be fab x

rocklover
26-04-09, 16:31
Thanks ladies, I really appreciate your replies. Ali, you are probably right, he just wanted a clean break and I just need to get on with it. I was doing ok, last week, so i need to get back to that. I just think that the job and the citalopram are making things more difficult for me at the moment.

Just wish I could feel better, so fed up with feeling sick and scared, I can't wait for the flipping tablets to kick in and i'm only on day 4!

alihud
26-04-09, 18:12
Give it time Sarah u need to give them about two weeks usually.Good luck tomorrow mate.xxxxx