PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia Blogs

Dizzy-Dave
26-04-09, 18:44
I'm so sorry he he. I feel i've started too many threads this week even though i've only started one lol.

I've got meself a blog.

I've been reading Sarah's for awhile and it certainly seems the best way to constantly convey our crazy worlds without building a website or filming stuff etc.

The only problem is i feel like writing for Britain but that wouldn't too digestable so i'll have to contain myself !

Anyone with a blog please post your link in here so we can update our bookmarks

Much love and harmony :bighug1:

http://agoraphobiaproject.blogspot.com/

Dizzy-Dave
26-04-09, 18:45
P.s I love how i can put my youtube videos on there !

nikkinik
30-04-09, 15:46
Youve got a blog too!?

..Youve really inspired me.. I want to do it too! lol

Your videos on Youtube today have given me some positivity.. Im really greatful for that as I just feel Ive been sinking lately.. you know what I mean?

I made my own quick video on the school run, Im amazed how much it helped. I know it may be a bit of a cop out, I dunno.. distracting myself rather than facing up to it (Im not saying anyone who makes vids is copping out btw!).. Ive not looked at it back yet either (would rather not see my ugly mug and hear my manly droning voice(!), but Im sure if I did look back on it I will be able to put things into persepctive.

Maybe I should start my own blog and vids, see if that helps!?!

Thanks again :)

nikkinik
30-04-09, 16:14
Im going for it, I hope it helps me!

http://agoraphobiaandme.blogspot.com/ Theres mine. Day 1!

Dizzy-Dave
01-05-09, 00:43
Congrats on the video and blog !

Ok I'm going to try and explain why filming my journeys helps, but it's hard you know! There is no set reason but here's my thoughts...

So number one, it's distracting !
Wether you use your mobile phone or a camcorder, you're looking at a screen which in turn in showing you the world in front of you.

You are in control of the shots which in turn makes you feel like your in control of your situation.

Second thing is you are creating a record of where you are and what you are doing, so in the instant you have a panic attack, it will be caught on film !
Most of us know we will end up home alive and well even if we have a panic attack (though it doesnt seem like it at the time!) so to be able to see what you look like when the most horrible thoughts go through your head was interesting to me.
Thing is i never had an attack when i pointed the camera at my face !

For some reason my body doesn't want to panic on camera !
I dont know why.

I still feel anxious though but it helps. I talk to the camera too and record my thoughts.

I did that for about 4 trips. I no longer use that method :)

ok i'm talking to much. I'm off to read your blog !

Oh and one more important thing....

By creating your blog Nikkinik, you are allowing others to read about your experience.

The most important thing about these mental issues are that we learn from each other and that we are a community.

Good luck for day 2 :)

Dizzy-Dave
01-05-09, 00:47
Ok ok one more thing I promise (it's getting late!)
So many thoughts go through the mind of a anxious agrophobe right !

So many dark days.

Writing a blog allows you to say what you want and people will listen.

It's a great release.