PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation pains

Lissy43
26-04-09, 20:25
Does anyone else suffer?

I have for as long as i can remember but I do think they are feeling alot worse as I am getting older (30 this year).

I had a smear 9 weeks ago, negative result I am glad to say but they found a polyp just inside the cervix that needs to be removed so my GP has refered me. I haven't heard anything as yet from the gynae team.

I did mention to the nurse ive ovulation pain and the first day of my period is painful too so she said to tell them when I go.

The day I am ovulating I don't get your classic one sided ache like some people describe, I seem to get a feeling of heaviness down below in my pubic bone area, feels like I am carrying a brick around, hard to describe, haha! and I get very windy in my back passage and bloated. I will be fine tomorrow but for a few hours on the day I ovulate I get this and it really does hurt, the aching down my legs is like early labour pains. I also get exactly like this on the first day of my period. Does anyone else have this? my mum said she used to, I have 3 children and she said hers got worse after having children.

I do have IBS and a friend of mine said IBS sufferers apparently get bad around ovulation and on the first day or 2 when on your period.

asiltam
27-04-09, 11:28
Hi Aimee

I have exactly the same symptoms as you at Ovulation and I too suffer from IBS and have done for years. My symptoms at ovulation have been far more obvious since I had my son and have increasingly gotten worse as I have got older (he is 6 yrs old and I am now 37 yrs old).

I can honestly say that at times ovulation pain and symptoms give me more problems than the actual period. I have had an ultrasound scan and that was all clear and I had a camera down to check my stomach etc. and the conclusion drawn was IBS and I assume it is aggrevated by the hormones at ovulation.

I have had an ectopic pregnancy in the past and lost one of my tubes so I don't know it that is a contributing factor but I did go on to have a successful pregnancy with my son and as I say the symptoms got worse following the pregnancy.

I hope this helps.

kittykat
27-04-09, 11:47
I have these symptoms as well, especially the heavy feeling down below, my doctor did a pelvic exam and internal as i was convinced i had some kind of cancerous growth and i have a prolapse which can cause these symptoms. I am 37 and have had 2 children who were big babies plus i delivered them naturally which makes you more prone. He advised me to keep doing pelvic floor exercises and he said there are other non surgical methods that can be done to help. Maybe it could be something like that ?? Hope this helps anyways , take care xx

lainey
27-04-09, 12:16
I get these symptoms too, much worse since having children. Some months the pains are worse than others, men are so lucky !!!

Lissy43
27-04-09, 16:35
I have booked in to see my GP next friday just to be sure, I am sure its nothing to worry about but better to get him to examine me I guess.

Kittykat did you have the symptoms all of the time or just at ovulation?

bex1970
27-04-09, 16:42
I get them - sometimes really badly and the heaviness down below too.... sometimes think my innards are going to come out! Worse after children for me too. x

Lissy43
27-04-09, 19:29
Exactly how I feel, feel like my bits might drop something out of them, feels like a brick is down there and my back passage feels heavy too.

Do you get like that? and is it just at certain times in your cycle?

bex1970
27-04-09, 22:33
Not so much this cycle - but one two months ago - nearly rushed off to A&E as was convinced my bum and other parts were all falling out (sorry if TMI).... weird sensation... the feeling went after ovulation finished, came back with actual period.... then went completely... but still get the ovulatory pain - sometimes bad enough to take pain killers...

Do you know what - I reckon, as we get older, everything hurts more! So boring and scary....
xx

didi768
22-07-09, 19:51
omgosh can I relate! I'm 43 and ovul. pain is getting worse but here is what helps. Get in bed on your knees like when were little, sticking your butt up into the air and lay there like that. OH MY IT FEELS SO MY BETTER!!!
I too have pain down my thighs, bloating, pain in uterus area, not just down right or left side, nausea. It lasts about 4 days now. I even had my uterus lining froze, reducing my periods down to two drops a month if that even. Best surgery I ever had. I barely cramp anymore except for at ovulation time. IT HURTS SO BAD I think it's my appendix or soemthing else. Just bad stomach aches. In fact, almost threw up last night when got into bed. Please replay to my personal email addy instead of here if you can, not sure i'll find my way back.

jannnne
23-07-09, 14:03
I am so glad I have read the last two threads on ovulation pains, I have had these for ages but have suddenly got a lot worse, am off for an ultrasound soon. I have just started feeling sick with it and having pains down my legs I cant believe something so small inside you can cause so much pain, I have been so foul and grumpy....poor family....

Stressed32
23-07-09, 17:18
I get this. I am trying to get preg. and have told hubby that sometimes it hurts so bad that the last thing I want is to have sex!

crunchie01
24-07-09, 09:02
hi i get them too!!!!

it is normally on my right side i have ovulation pain but this month my left side hurt instead. i also get twinges in my right side after ovulation has happened and these go on till i get my period. i had an ultrasound scan in jan and it came back clear plus an internal and that was fine too.

my ovulation pains arent as bad as they used to be they used to be so bad i could hardly stand on my right side when it was happening but i dont know if this is coincedence but i had hypnotherapy at beginning of this year and my hormones plus ovualtion pain plus sore boobs have settled since i had hypnotherapy for health anxiety xxxxxxx

shevmg
09-06-12, 03:35
I have the same problems... almost every month when I ovulate my IBS acts up.... I get super bloated my stomach looks like I am pregnant... ++++ pain, I go to the bathroom more frequently, mucus in stool ect.

I really suffer which is not good :(

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

My Dr. referred me to a GI but I am waiting for the apt. I am not on any medication for the pain for my IBS

Thank you

Shevmg

katielou80
09-06-12, 07:56
i get this too. ive had 2 kids and some months i ovulate some i dont, bad back and legs etc. im 32 and never had all this until later, literally the last few months x