PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and anxious!

gonemonkey
19-08-05, 03:20
Well... I was earlier I had a bit of a wobble after searching the web for swollen glands- I know it was stupid! Anyway I thought that searching the web for help with anxiety would be more useful and then I found this place. I was reading through some posts and there is just one question I would love to ask... Does anyone else fear the doctor? A lot of the self help pages I've visited tonight recommneded visiting my gp for further advice, but that's a bit impossible when my gp is on my list of 'bad things'. Any fellow doctor fearers who rely solely on nhs direct?
night all and thank you for the forum.
x

kazo
19-08-05, 09:09
hi
I fear going to my GP but don't know if its for the same reasons as you. I fear it as I know he doesn't understand me which gives me no confidence in him. This is my second GP in the last 18mths and at first when I changed GP i was glad as he seemed helpful. But now when i go it feels to me He is saying in his head oh no not you again. I have very little confidence in him now and find it very hard to talk to him.
kazo

Quirky
19-08-05, 11:25
I have the opposite problem, when my anxiety was at it's worst I used to go to the doctor too often for reassurance. Finding an understanding doctor can really help though.

Piglet
19-08-05, 12:12
Welcome to the site gone monkey - I hope you find it useful.

Love Piglet:)

Meg
19-08-05, 18:43
Hi - what about the doctors do you fear most?
In order please

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

lynette
02-09-05, 23:46
hi,
im new to this aswel and just like you i would look up swollen glans on the internet and then get terified of the reasons why you have swollen glands of course i only suffer from major causes.
like you my biggest fear is going to the doctor because i know a doctor is full of reasons why i get swollen glands and i cant cope being in the same room as someone medically trained. i dread the real diagnosis.
from another anxious sufferer, lynette

l grimstead