PDA

View Full Version : My son - This is worrying me

Oceanblue
26-04-09, 23:31
Hi,

My son isn't feeling so good today, he's now complaining that he has pains in his chest, similar to heart burn, he's also saying that his left arm is starting to really ache and hurt. He can't sleep because of it.

I'm starting to worry thinking it maybe something serious. He has had this sort of pain before and the doctor said that it's most probably anxiety related.

I can't remember her checking his heart though, we spoke about his general health as he was feeling under pressure with things at school.

What could this be ?
I'm worrying more so, because a lady kind of frightened me the other day, saying that every person should have their hearts checked for murmours, because unfortunately they have lost quite afew relatives because of this, and she was telling me how important it was to get my children and family checked. I didn't tell her about my son.

Maybe it's best to get things checked over tomorrow morning, I could get an emergency appointment.

Any thoughts?

Bill
27-04-09, 01:38
Hello Katie:hugs:

I think for your own peace of mind it wouldn't hurt to get him checked out but I feel sure that it is anxiety related.

A couple of thoughts - it's now Monday so he could have been thinking about having to face school today so this thought could have increased his anxiety causing him to get indigestion which created the symptoms.

The other thought I've had is whether he was present at the time you were talking to this woman? I'm sure that she has increased your anxiety as she's made you connect what she told you with your sons symptoms but if he was also present, his own worry about what she said could also have made him connect with his own anxiety symptoms making him worry the same as you. Just a thought.

I'm Sure he's fine Katie.:bighug1:

london
27-04-09, 04:04
thay found i had murmour over 20 years ago iam still here
stop worrying he be fine you see
wish him better from me
stop worrying

Oceanblue
27-04-09, 09:06
Thanks Bill and Colin.

Bill - No my son wasn't there when the lady was telling me about the heart murmours, although, he may have heard both myself and my bf talking about it later.

I called NHS Direct last night, only by that time he had fallen to sleep.

His heart was racing whilst sleeping, but I didn't want to wake him up.

I've made an emergency appointment for this morning.

I'll let you know what she thinks.

Thanks again and thanks to everyone in chat last night x:flowers:

amandaj
27-04-09, 10:39
hope everything goes ok at the drs and he is a little better today katie
amandax

claire m
27-04-09, 10:51
katie i can imagine how you must be feeling my son has a heart murmer and he is a very active child he plays football for a club so trains about twice a week and is very active at home and school.
I do constantly worry about him and how he is feeling, although my doctor has tried to reassure me many times.
I wont do any harm to get him checked out.
im not going to say dont worry as its natural for any parent to feel that way hope all is well for you all though,xxx

lorac
27-04-09, 11:31
Hope it all goes well at the doctors Katie, let us know how you got on.

Carol

Oceanblue
27-04-09, 17:00
Thanks for your messages :) .

A quick update to let you know that it isn't anything serious to worry about at all.
The doc thinks it's a torn tendon :doh:. Although still painful for him, he seems more chilled out today and isn't panicking anymore, because he was adamant that it was his heart. So thank god for that !!

The things the lady was saying to me the other week, must have been playing on my mind too and setting it into overdrive. But, you can understand when your child is in pain, it's upsetting to see, and our minds run wild.

His anxiety was most probably raising because he was confused about it, hence his heart racing:scared15: .

Oh dear,... I've been thinking he would benefit from some sort of Yoga to try and get him to chill a bit. I've been looking up classes today, another one to add to the list !

We only have Friday evenings after school free, the rest is full up with Music, Karate, Biking, Swimming, etc. I think he would like it though, so we'll give that a try, rather than sticking to all these high activity sports.
Anyway,.. must go, in a rush. My poor little girls not feeling well now :doh:, just growing pains though. Her back teeth are coming through, which is making her have a temp and sickness. Oh boy,.. it never ends huh ?

Thanks again for your messages and support, I appreciate your help very much X:flowers:

happyone
27-04-09, 18:09
Glad all was well Katie. I read this post this morning and was sure it would be, but it is easy to be sure as an impartial observor eh?
I know what you mean about all the activities after school, it is never ending!

Happyone
xx

lorac
27-04-09, 18:43
Glad to hear he is ok Katie, hope the little girl also feels well soon. The worry of kids is never ending, even when they leave home.

Carol xx

Wee-Mee
27-04-09, 20:06
Aw that is wonderful he is alright hun

:)

xxxxxxxx