PDA

View Full Version : Bad citalopram bad

frosty
27-04-09, 06:20
Does anyone have any answers for this? Have been on citalopram for 14 weeks now on varying doses from 5mg to 45mg per day. it doesnt matter how much i take the side effects are still the same. stomach ache, headaches, feeling of being on edge, the feeling that death is imminent. so any way have now decided to stop taking the pills altogether. finally got my doctors attention who has now realised that perhaps the pills arent working, i think ive given it enough time. Anyway he has now ordered a seies of blood tests as long as my arm. the bit that i saw on the sheet included things like full iron and blood count, liver function and some other stuff that i didnt catch. so my quetion is this. Does anyone know what he might be looking for? is he trying to determine what meds to put me on next? also has any one else had citalopram not work for them and what has happened since? have you stopped or changed meds. Any response welcomed. cheers!
:D

maddie
27-04-09, 07:29
Hi frosty. We all react differently to meds. What works for one person doesn't always work for another. Docs tend to use ones that have been successful with their other patients first, but it is common for people to change either doses or tablets. The blood tests he ordered are a full screen of your body systems. They will show how the citalopram affected you and what systems did/didn't respond. This will help to get your next medication right. Please remember that it can take a couple of months to get the medication and dosage properly balanced. Also, all of the drugs used for anxiety are quite toxic and you must not stop taking them without your doctor's advice. x

articangel
27-04-09, 11:30
Hi Frosty

Im so sorry to here your having a bad time I went through the exact same thing my GP thought I had Depression and put me on those tablets and I has the same reaction but mine went a but worse, I went suicidal. I went on from the GP to the Crisis team they helped me alot they booked me in with a Phyciatrist and he told me I had GAD not depression and those tablet makes Anxiety worse so Im on new meds and trying to get through .

So keep going to the GP if your not feeling better and tell him everything that happens to you.

I hope this was helpful and if u need to talk im here

Good Luck :-)

dyson321
07-05-09, 09:59
im on the same med and i feel the same dosnt seem to be working but dont stop taking them yourself

tara1987
08-05-09, 10:36
hiya frosty! your doctor could be looking for an over/under active thyroid! apparently they have simlar symptoms as depression/anxiety etc..... because if you go to the doctor feeling down etc.. and he/she isnt quite sure, they will test for that as well! but they could also be testing to see if theres a certain level of chemical in your body, thats known to react really bad with antis ds, so seeing what it is, so they can prescribe something that has a lower dose , that doesnt react with your own body level? i hope this helps you! x