PDA

View Full Version : Want my life bk

anx mum
27-04-09, 09:13
Please help i feel awful having panic and anxiety attacks daliy. My main symptom is i feel i cant breath it scares me so much its like the panic takes over feels like im suffocatting has anyone else had this? Just want my life bk so p****d off now:weep: :weep:

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

mysonmarcus
27-04-09, 09:26
Hi

You really need to take time to lower your anxiety levels by clearing your mind and reducing your obligations for the time being......good results will follow in 10 - 20 days........

I wish you all the best.

Mark

mysonmarcus
27-04-09, 09:28
.......................or if you prefer, read the 'First Steps' link on the homepage of this site and follow the advice to the letter.... Mark

purplehaze
27-04-09, 09:41
First thing!! Your not alone in feeling this way and yes it can be very scary but you WILL BE OK.

Try breathing from your stomache area and not your chest and breathe slowly when you feel this way.

I did run about like a headless chicken at first but after slowing down by breathing it did get better.

You will overcome this

Hugs

cheekycharlie
27-04-09, 10:04
have you considered yoga? might help you control breathing?

PoppyC
27-04-09, 10:08
Hi Anx Mum
I am really sorry you are going through this. Have you been to see your gp or are you on any medication at all?
I get as you are but mainly when I am massively anxious and/or having panic attacks. I try practising my breathing techniques then which do help but I am sure you try that anyway.
I can understand you being so down. I was like this months back and was having panic attacks lots of times a day, and eventually they passed of their own accord - maybe I became less anxious? Not sure? they just faded. I have my life back now but last year I never thought I would and I always thought I would be like how I was. It will get better for you no matter how much you think now that it wont.
When I get panic attacks I feel like I am being suffocated but thats a common sign of them. You wont stop breathing during a panic attack even though it can feel like it.
Have you visited your gp about how you are feeling?
I really hope things become easier for you.:hugs: