PDA

View Full Version : oh no

ItWillPass
19-08-05, 04:49
I have posted a few times about how sick I have been this past summer... I keep getting that terrible vertigo. Today the dr. told me it seems as if I could have meniere's disease!!! I cant handle when things go wrong... does anyone have any experience, or information about this? I am beside myself with panic... and im dizzy :(

kt
19-08-05, 17:11
Hi Heidi,
sorry but i don't know anything about Meniere's disease but i used to get really bad vertigo and motion sickness.
It felt like the floor was moving when i was stood still, like tremors! Also it used to feel like i was walking on spongy carpet when actually walking on concrete! Hope this makes sense, i don't get it anymore and think that this is because my anxiety has lessened. Hopefully yours will ease in time too, its quite scary isn't it?
I also still suffer with feeling dizzy, its my worst symptom at the moment!
take care, kt x

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

Barb
19-08-05, 20:22
Hi Heidi

I am just about recovering from labyrinthitus which is a simular thing.God did it frighten me when it come on I thought I had a stroke. Had to get the doctor the next day couldnt stand or walk by myself was absoblutely terrified so I know how you feel. The worst part is you get so scared it brings the panic on and makes it even worse. Did post about it in symptons a few times, you will see the state I was in.
IF you Ask Jeeves about inner ear infections it will tell you all about menierer disease
Hope that helps

Luv Barb xxxx

pinkscrumpy
19-08-05, 22:42
Hi Heidi

Did the docs give you any meds for the problem.

When my dizziness was at its worse I was prescribed stetmil. I think that is what it was. It worked a treat and I was as bad as you are feeling at the mo.

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Maddieg
21-08-05, 14:00
Hi Heidi

Im new to this site and Ive just posted a message about headaches, when I clicked on to your message I couldn't believe it. I had my first attack of vertigo 3 weeks ago. I got into bed and turned onto my side and felt as if I was falling out of bed. I spent the next day only being able to make it to the toilet and back. I was panicking and looked on the internest where I diagnosed myself with lots of illnesses but as I think that ive got a brain tumour I convinced myself that the vertigo was the brain tumour getting worse and that by the end of the weekend I would be dead.

As you can see I'm still here! The problem is that all though the vertigo has gone I was still dizzy for a few days after and now I keep panicking that the vertigo will come back. I'm undergoing hypnosis and EFT at the moment but it's a long, slow road. I hope this helps.

Take care
MaddieG