PDA

View Full Version : Kraggy, Health Anxiety :<

Kraggy
27-04-09, 12:36
Just thought i'd introduce myself quickly :)

I am a 20 year old boy from the Netherlands and I have been having Health for the last 2 month's or so, My biggest fear is the big nasty C word. My Biggest enemy is Dr.Google, who keeps sucking me back in.

It all started with a Lymph Node behind my ear, that has been swollen for the past 3-4 month's now, at first I didn't really pay any attention, but after a while I got curious and requested Dr.Google for information, This is probably one of the worst choices I have in my life up till now..

The main reason I am unable to put down my Anxiety seems to be Lymph Nodes, I am a very skinny person, So I can really feel em even if they are barely swollen at all. My constant Self-Checkups are making me find more & more lumps all over my body, Which in turn scare me to death.

Hope that I can find more info about the maybe Irrational fears that I have, and I'd love to share experiences with people who also suffer from Health Anxiety!

Kind regards,

Kraggy

yorkylover
27-04-09, 13:12
Hi Kraggy and:welcome:

So many symptoms are similar,so it could be anything or nothing lovey.Googling is the worse possible thing you can do,I know I used to do it to.And like you Im scared of the big C as are alot of people here.

See your gp for piece of mind if its really making you worry,but try not to google.

You will get lots of support here and friendly advise.xx:hugs:

Kraggy
27-04-09, 13:47
Haha, Thanks for the warm welcome :flowers:

Yeah, I knowthat googling is a really bad idea, unfortionatly it has allmost become an addiction to me, and it'll be hard to stop doing for sure. But hey, I can atleast try!

For tomorrow I have an appointment with my doctor, When i first had fears of disease I would pop up in their office nearly daily, Now I keep them to once a week, to give me some peace of mind & ask questions about my symptoms. So I'll just note everything I want to know down & save it for that appointment instead :D

As for the chat box, I've already noticed the link and I'll probably show up there sometime in the near future for sure.

Once again thanks! :yesyes:

kittykat
27-04-09, 13:47
Hi there and :welcome:to the site, lots of good advice and support on here , as for the raised gland don't worry as I have one behind my left ear that keeps on going up and down and i've had it for years and i'm still here:smile:, take care xx

amandaj
27-04-09, 15:08
no googling aloud on nmp lol welcome to this great site

Kraggy
27-04-09, 15:21
Haha, thank you all very much..

I am about to head to my Therapist for a good hour of Jibbering & Jabbering, Which might be in place since the lumps are starting to get on my nerves again..

last time I went I had an in-take conversation, which didn't do me much good to be honest, I hope this will be diffirent!

Southern_Belle
27-04-09, 16:21
Hi Kraggy,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give you their support. I agree never google. I'm glad your are going to see your doctor to ease your mind! Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

Kraggy
27-04-09, 18:39
Thank you once again, I just got back from my Therapist, and we had a good conversation..although I doubt how them asking how my personal life is is going to help me get rid of fears..
I'm reluctant to go to my next appointment, since the last 2 ones were very dissapointing, And well, money aint endless, and with the 115 euro's an hour they charge...Meh...

My next appointment is in 3 weeks, who knows I might be feeling better by then! Gotta stay positive :yesyes:

duskess
27-04-09, 23:23
Hello Kraggy , Welcome to NMP , glad you found the site , yes you keep positive , and you have nmp to ask for information now , take care :welcome: Dusky x

Bluebelle
28-04-09, 03:30
Hi Kraggy !
Welcome to NMP ! You are so wise to recognize that Dr.Goggle is not the greatest source of comfort. Staying positive is sometimes challenging but with the help of this site and all the resources this site has to offer I am sure you'll be able to find a comfort.
Take Care and welcome to NMP- I am new here too !
Bluebelle