PDA

View Full Version : Hi

starlady
27-04-09, 12:52
Hi can anyone help, My sis hasnt been home for a wk shes been acting strange saying shes hearing voices off internet thru songs saying we are all getting gassed....and keeps rinsing cups out constantly. She is saying she feels like shes suffocating when she stays at her own house. She thinks someone is trying to break into her house all the time and thinks someone is out to get her. I have been in touch with her g.p and said to bring her in....she wont go to see him and he wont come out to her as she dosent live in the catchment area for home visits. I am at the end of my tether as i feel im not getting any help for her. She has took a drastic action today and got keys to a new home to move in today. Will be appreciated for any advice as me and my family dont know what to do to help her now. ang x

yorkylover
27-04-09, 13:08
Hi Starlady,I cant reall yoffer much advise.My brother suffer's from bipolar and he gets very paranoid,he thinks people are always talking about him.He constanly looks out of his flat window.He goes through phases of hearing things,gets very paranoid.
You sister need's help and quickley.I can fully understand how you feel being a relative of someone with a mental illness.But sometimes you can't help them unless they want the help.My brother knows he has bipolar,but still can't understand these feeling's he gets.He is also an alcoholic so that doesn't help his mind either.:hugs:

starlady
27-04-09, 13:21
Thanks for your reply. My sis has us worried but i feel like it is out of my control as nobody seems to be helping. She has been in my house the last 3 days.... and staying around friends before that, but she has been sitting outside my house and wont come in until night time. I have a young son to look after and am finding it difficult to try and keep an eye on her so shes ok. Maybe her signing up for a new property hopefully might be the answer to her \gas\ phase whats going on. But im not sure it will end here. Thanks again for your reply. x

starlady
27-04-09, 13:32
Thanks for reply.....I think it would be a struggle to get her to a and e as she thinks theres nothing wrong and shes not willing to see her own g.p. She cannot keep still....like a cat on a hot tin roof ...up and down stairs...in and out the house and i know its out of character for her. However...she has been in her house for weeks at a time not seing anyone before this episode last week when she told me about songs on internet that were giving her messages.....so i think she may have been staying in listening to these songs constantly until now. x

kittykat
27-04-09, 13:52
Hi there and:welcome: , i would take your sister to see a gp as soos as possible it sounds like she may need some help, i know she doesn't want to but for her own peace of mind and yours i would try and persuade her to go x

amandaj
27-04-09, 15:07
hope your sisiter gets on ok let us know how it goes with her

amanda

starlady
27-04-09, 16:22
Ok thanx for all your replys. I have just got the num off a friend to a mental health team that may help if it gets any worse. I have suffered panic attacks in the past and found this site useful, and just glad i can come on here for other issues as well. x

Southern_Belle
27-04-09, 16:34
Hi Starlady,

Welcome to NMP. I do hope you find help for your sister soon.

Take care,

Laura

duskess
27-04-09, 23:29
Hi Starlady , Welcome to NMP , glad you found the site , hope your sister is okay , lookafter yourself and take care :welcome: Dusky x

Bluebelle
28-04-09, 03:25
Hi Starlady !
I hope you, your son and your sister are all safe. This must be so stressful on you. I am sending you a big hug and welcome to NMP!
Bluebelle

starlady
28-04-09, 23:04
Hi again....Situation has gone worse. Havent seen sis but i know shes got her new house all in one day!. She had my neighbour (Who she dosent know) driving her around everywhere first to find a house look at it and sign up for it without me knowing and asked another of my neighbours for money. I was at my mums today when my dad returned back with the removal man who had moved her out......and looking for the removal money which she did not pay so it was left to me and my mum to sort out. On the way back to my house i started having a panic attack ....which i havent had for months, had to stop in a park and felt tearful and derealization started setting in. I started to rush home and felt wobbly/shaky. Im dreading going out now in case i get more, Any advice will be appreciated, still tearful, Ang. x

starlady
28-04-09, 23:33
Would really appreciate it for any advice, wondering if i have burnt myelf out by worrying bout sis? thanks. x