PDA

View Full Version : Windy-ness: Not Weather!

agingwuss
27-04-09, 14:44
Hi. I've been suffering from HA for about 18 months now but with the help of some counselling, a brilliant book &, last but by no means least, the great folks on this site I've been coping with it much better lately. :flowers:
I've convinced myself I had just about every cancer in the book [LOL] but my latest was colon cancer. As usual a change in toilet habits got me panicking and of course, that made things worse .......... Well, my dear GP did blood & stool tests and gave me the all clear - which for once I'm feeling able to accept. Hooray!
Trouble is, altho' I know there's nothing seriously wrong - I'm left with the symptoms! They aren't too bad, at least my visits to the loo are regular once a day and I have hardly any pain at all - BUT I do have terrible wind!
It's really funny but it drives me mad [and my partner even madder!].
Does any kind person who has experience with IBS have any tips on reducing this embarrassing little problem? I've tried peppermint & charcoal without much effect. Any help would be much appreciated!:blush:

bobobob
27-04-09, 15:34
Don't know much about your condition. Are you on any meds. I am, and they give me terrible wind. My family are fed up but it is a side effct of the meds. I'm taking. Just thought I'd throw that one at you. I will be looking again at your thread just incase somebody else comes up with a good idea.