PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please help, blood pressure

ElliotUK
27-04-09, 14:45
Hello :)

I was just getting a bit concerned about my blood pressure as when lets say i lean on my arm, or hand etc i can feel my pulse2, heart beating :scared15:

is this normal for everyone?

cheekycharlie
27-04-09, 15:01
when you say your worried about your blood pressure do you mean you have taken it & its too high or too low? or the doc has said you have high or low blood pressure? If you mean you are worried about being able to feel your pluse through your hand or arm, thats pretty normal, you can feel the beat all over your body ie ankles & various other places. If you are at all worried about heart racing or other things I would recommend you see your GP. They can advise you better than anyone on here can hun. xxx

CJH86
27-04-09, 15:44
Do you mean feel the pulse in your arm? If so im pretty sure thats normal as depending on how you lean you can pressure on the artery in the arm and that is why you can feel it. When the doctor takes your blood pressure with the inflatable cuff thingie thats a similar thing happening .

ronski
29-04-09, 17:55
Hi Elliot

You are fretting again over your health and it is ruining your life. Yes what you feel is completely normal and nothing to worry about. You must try to let go of these anxieties as you are a young lad and life is for living not for fretting. Go to your doctors and ask for a full medical, if he says you are fine which i am sure he will then try and accept that and put your fears behind you. One book that may help is the Mindfulness and acceptance course for anxiety by Forsythe. Tap it into the search engine and follow the links.

i wish you all the best and one thing to think about is that your constant need for reassurance is a sure sign it is anxiety based.

Best wishes
Ron